`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U Wisconsin AUTO collection- updating

U Wisconsin AUTO collection- updating
Recently got back in the hobby- sold everything years ago, EXCEPT my WI based stuff . - by-product of few players from UW making much impact in the NFL. The exceptions are JJ Watt (still need) and Wilson (just picked one up on ebay).

Somebody else mentioned issues with photobucket - having same issues, keep getting errors - will add as I can get them uploaded.

Melvin Gordon- #'d to 25 -getting to be a fan of inscription autos (excuse the grey on the sides -on protector) I think he is the best RB to come out of UW- none of them have made the transition to the NFL with much success.
 photo gordon_2.jpg

Nick Toon - son of UW's Al Toon - # to 50 - really nice card (on its way from ebay)
 photo AlToon.jpg

Jared Abbrederis - #'d to 25 - I still think he has a chance, if he can stay healthy.
 photo Jared.jpg

Chris Borland - #'d to 25 the injury was unfortunate. IMO the best defensive player for the Badgers since JJ Watt.  photo Borland.jpg

Russel Wilson #'d to 16 - This is the most I spent on a card since I got back in the hobby- low print run nice auto and card graded. (still waiting for on ebay)
 photo s-l500.jpg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: U Wisconsin and Marquette AUTO collection
Very cool stuff! Welcome back to the hobby!
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

RE: U Wisconsin and Marquette AUTO collection
(01-21-2016, 08:55 PM)jephthah1 Wrote: Very cool stuff! Welcome back to the hobby!
Thanks

There's good and bad about being a UW fan. Not a ton of success from players at the next level - (bad). The prices for rare auto cards are reasonable. I'm a true fan and not flipping for profit so it works out pretty well. Makes a nice conversation piece in a display case.

RE: U Wisconsin AUTO collection- updating
I prefer players in their college uni (for this particular collection), but made an exception here.
 photo gordon2.jpg

Crossed off one of the big holes in my collection - JJ Watt.

1st I purchased a Sage Gold RC Auto #'d to 250 at a local card shop last week and a seller on ebay accepted my best offer - picked up this nice (MINT) Die- Cut Purple #'d to 5.
 photo watt_4.jpg
[/quote]

Awesome thread!

(01-26-2016, 12:37 PM)savagenate Wrote: Awesome thread!
Thanks - I have some Packer Autos that you may be interested in- I will have to go through that stuff sometime this week and let you know (if your interested).

I'm pretty happy with the collection - I had wanted to get a Badger football card collection completed - The Russel Wilson and Watt Autos set me back a little, but if you want a really nice collection you have pay a little something.

I would like to get a Alan Ameche CUT Auto if anyone has or knows of one LMK. The rest are kind of obscure- looking for a dealer that would have most if not all- because the shipping costs as much individually as the cards for these players.

They include -
Travis Frederick, and Ricky Wagner = 2013
Peter Konz, and Brady Ewing = 2012