`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best place to sell my Jordan collection

Best place to sell my Jordan collection
I have put a lot of time and money into my collection, and it makes me really sad to part with it, however I think I need to make other things a priority right now. I have over 850 cards not including duplicates (very little duplicates). I want to sell it as a whole collection, not in pieces. Any thoughts on where the best place to sell it would be and a fair asking price? I'm thinking I want about 10k for the collection. The entire collection is on my Photobucket.

RE: Best place to sell my Jordan collection
There are definitely buyers out there for nice Jordans like some in your collection, but I feel it's gonna be tough to get as good of a price selling the entire lot, but I understand if you need to part ways with it. I have bought and sold similar large deals, once through Craigslist and once through a collector on here. I met both at a restaurant for the final transaction, but I had to drive a few hours for one of the meetings. I hope that gives you some hope in getting it done. Good luck!

(01-22-2016, 07:32 PM)sullydoggy Wrote: I have put a lot of time and money into my collection, and it makes me really sad to part with it, however I think I need to make other things a priority right now. I have over 850 cards not including duplicates (very little duplicates). I want to sell it as a whole collection, not in pieces. Any thoughts on where the best place to sell it would be and a fair asking price? I'm thinking I want about 10k for the collection. The entire collection is on my Photobucket.

(01-23-2016, 01:52 PM)mickey871 Wrote: There are definitely buyers out there for nice Jordans like some in your collection, but I feel it's gonna be tough to get as good of a price selling the entire lot, but I understand if you need to part ways with it. I have bought and sold similar large deals, once through Craigslist and once through a collector on here. I met both at a restaurant for the final transaction, but I had to drive a few hours for one of the meetings. I hope that gives you some hope in getting it done. Good luck!
I figured it would be tougher, however if I do not end up selling, I won't exactly be heartbroken. I just don't want my favorites to sell, and be left with the rest. I will either sell the whole thing, or when I have the time and money to put into it again, i will work on building it again. Thanks for the info.

As already stated, If you sell as a large lot your going to get SIGNIFICANTLY less per card than you will most likely want. My advice would be to piece it out on eBay. You can take advantage of their free listings each month (sometimes up to like 500 free listings).

You are right, I will just start selling them separately.

(08-30-2017, 11:05 AM)sullydoggy Wrote: You are right, I will just start selling them separately.
Good luck with that, and have fun! Be sure to keep a running total for yourself. You might be surprised at your profit in the end.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

A free listing but once sold they take a part of it and then paypal gets you as well!!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

there is a site called Letgo.com that might help

You might also try posting on Blowout Forums. There are some Jordan collectors on there that might be able to buy all or a large portion of what you have.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/