`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Determining Card Values ?? Your viewpoint

RE: Determining Card Values ?? Your viewpoint
(01-27-2016, 07:23 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: Haha right! I think it just is what it is. Nobody can provide real world everyday up to the minute pricing advice on MILLIONS of cards. Everyone wants their particular cards to be perfect pricing advice because they own them. Simple as that.

This is REALLY UNFAIR - NO ONE EXPECTS PERFECT pricing! NOTHING is PERFECT! What you do expect is BETTER service and more up to date data (especially when you are charging a pretty hefty premium for it)- if you read what I noted wrong with the service- it isn't one thing. You are right - I wont get taken again, once is enough. We just looked at one particular card - I can name you 1 out of 4 that I look up that are pretty far off base - that is not acceptable.

You came back with the card should be valued at $25 - based on what? None of the data supports that, why use anything as a price guide for that matter with your logic - and the just see what it gets. Then we all should just say - "it is all worth what someone is willing to pay, and Beckett even trying to be at any value guide service is pretty meaningless"

It isn't nearly impossible to keep track of the real time completed ebay and other auctions as you think - not in today's world of sophisticated technology. If Beckett spent more $ on trying on that software and trying to tackle the pricing discrepancy issues they could do it- they obviously don't want to spend the $ to do it, and must be satisfied with the current bottom line.

I get there are TONS of cards constantly being sold - but it's not the 80's with some bean counter sitting at his desk trying to figure this out- programs certainly can be developed to do a MUCH better job then what Beckett is doing- of that there is NO doubt.

(01-27-2016, 09:40 PM)hemipowered Wrote: This is REALLY UNFAIR - NO ONE EXPECTS PERFECT pricing! NOTHING is PERFECT! What you do expect is BETTER service and more up to date data (especially when you are charging a pretty hefty premium for it)- if you read what I noted wrong with the service- it isn't one thing. You are right - I wont get taken again, once is enough. We just looked at one particular card - I can name you 1 out of 4 that I look up that are pretty far off base - that is not acceptable.

You came back with the card should be valued at $25 - based on what? None of the data supports that, why use anything as a price guide for that matter with your logic - and the just see what it gets. Then we all should just say - "it is all worth what someone is willing to pay, and Beckett even trying to be at any value guide service is pretty meaningless"

It isn't nearly impossible to keep track of the real time completed ebay and other auctions as you think - not in today's world of sophisticated technology. If Beckett spent more $ on trying on that software and trying to tackle the pricing discrepancy issues they could do it- they obviously don't want to spend the $ to do it, and must be satisfied with the current bottom line.

I get there are TONS of cards constantly being sold - but it's not the 80's with some bean counter sitting at his desk trying to figure this out- programs certainly can be developed to do a MUCH better job then what Beckett is doing- of that there is NO doubt.
Then call Beckett and complain to them. Constant complaining on the forums does no one any good. And that is what this post has turned into. I was just trying to help JFrench out.
[Image: image.jpg]

(01-27-2016, 09:59 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: Then call Beckett and complain to them. Constant complaining on the forums does no one any good. And that is what this post has turned into. I was just trying to help JFrench out.
My initial intention was to find out if I was missing something - if you read through the initial posts.

As far as calling Beckett - they farm out to India. As I mentioned, that person couldn't even explain about Beckett's products. Maybe if Beckett would check their own forums they will see people have some issues and want to do something to correct the problem? Probably not...

I was also trying to find out how people determine prices - ebay completed, Beckett, a combination, or something else???

I did try and call Beckett- first because they screwed up something and re-billed me. I tried to get into the whole pricing thing, but it was like talking to the wall.If someone has a secret line to headquarters LMK. They should want to fix this - are they really this lazy, or simply don't care?