Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two of a kind.......2016 HOF Style!

Two of a kind.......2016 HOF Style!
Greetings fellow collectors!

Although I am a 75% vintage collector right now, I still can't pass up what I think are iconic cards from not only my childhood, but also of value.

In short, these came out the year I started 8th grade. My brother had started college and brought a few packs of these home. I WAS ASTONISHED at how different these were from the 89 Topps packs/cellos/racks that I would get on occasion. Nevertheless, I was never able to put a set together or purchase a complete set because of well, you know who driving up the price!

Several years later as I teetered in and out of the hobby I was finally able to acquire a set and still on occasion flip through the binder that it's stored in and admire just how iconic the 1989 UD set was.

So, when I have an opportunity to pick up another Griffey Jr. for a decent price I just do it. In this case, it was double the pleasure. I know they aren't "perfect" in terms of centering, etc. but like I mentioned...just too good to pass up. Enjoy!

Happy Collecting!

Mark

[Image: e76426ae-1d56-4b8c-b636-01b353a5e320_zpsj00xhnpq.jpg]

RE: Two of a kind.......2016 HOF Style!
Awesome! That card is iconic in many more ways than one.

I'd say "beautiful, classic card", but it kind of goes without saying. Great pick ups Mark.

Can't Go Wrong With A '89 UD Griffey Wink
[Image: sades.jpg]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v520/mnbamboozled/grif
feys/]My Griffeys[/url]

(01-22-2016, 07:34 PM)magicpapa Wrote: Can't Go Wrong With A '89 UD Griffey Wink
You like Griffey?

(01-22-2016, 07:45 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: You like Griffey?
............................hehe
[Image: sades.jpg]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v520/mnbamboozled/grif
feys/]My Griffeys[/url]