`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
98-99 "Line Up" Maltin Polar Cards

98-99 "Line Up" Maltin Polar Cards
As a kid, my father and I would hit card shows every weekend, and growing up in Cleveland I was naturally a huge tribe fan in the 90's. As I got older, I lost interest but never got rid of any of my collection and have recently started to get back into the hobby. I've been trying to organize and figure out exactly what I have, and what's still in good shape and I came across a set of cards that I'm having trouble finding information about. So far, I've come across 10 cards made by "Line Up" dated 98-99 that appear to be a beer advertisement for the dominican beer Maltin Polar. The ones I have primarily feauture Omar Vizquel, being that we were collecting mostly Indians players, but also show Andres Galarraga, Luis Sojo, and Edgardo Alfonzo. If anyone knows more about these or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

RE: 98-99 "Line Up" Maltin Polar Cards
I believe you have 1998-99 Lineup Venezuela cards.

RE: 98-99 "Line Up" Maltin Polar Cards
(01-23-2016, 06:20 PM)ellis2211 Wrote: I believe you have 1998-99 Lineup Venezuela cards.
Yes, thank you for the response, that's what they are. I'm interested in seeing if there's a way to get a listing of the different variations. As I said before, I have 10 different cards. All of them have either Omar Vizquel exclusively, or all 4 of the players I mentioned in the first post and all have the lider maltin polar logo, as well as the 1998-1999 line up logo. Several of them have the same pictures on one side, and different photos on the reverse but none seem to have any sort of numbering or way to indentify them other than by the pictures themselves. I can take pictures of each of them individually if anyone is interested/knowledgeable about them. I found one listed on ebay, but there is no picture of the reverse side so I'm unsure if this is one I have or a different variation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Venezuelan-...1572508021

I have attached 2 pictures of the 4 cards I have that show this picture, and then flipped over with the variations. All cards are in the same order for both pictures. The front sides all appear the same to me. Thank you to anyone in advance for their help with this!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)