`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Issues

PC Issues
Recent events in 2015 saw me in financial ruins (long stories..) that led me to...ZERO PC purchases the entire year. However it did not get bad enough to sell any of the 600+ Hartlines I have, and 60+ /1's either... Smile

But speaking of that, I would snoop around the sites from time to time just to make sure that a letterman patch or nameplate nobility patch had popped up. My only exception to buying if there would have been one. But there wasn't so I did not buy all year.

Now last year when I was highly active daily on pricing vs. performance. Hartline was already on a steady decline. formally a legitimate number 2 starter to constantly injured, under performing, very streaky, shell of potential. With that being said, but I still collect.

So I went through this past week to see the SAME cards that I put offers on LAST DECEMBER (my Christmas money lol) at the SAME FREAKIN PRICES!! But I always told these sellers a price and they would throw out previous sales. WHICH I BOUGHT!! And sellers could understand someone paying a little bit more for cards that come from 500$ boxes vs. 89$ boxes.. obviously I was the ENTIRE market as I told them for 5 years prior to my absence.

So my issue is, I always offered what they were worth to me. Which meant "low-balling" the sellers. But now, after another dismal year, would I be wrong to legitimately "low-ball"

It was never about money or gain. But I don't think a card of player that makes the pro bowl the last 2 years and a card that some didn't even know where he plays are comparable..

RE: PC Issues
I wouldn't consider it lowballing unless you're going way under what it's worth (and not what they are wanting out of it). I just sent an offer to a seller for a black pulsar auto of Brett Hundley from Prizm, and they have it listed for 499..... It's not worth anywhere near that (in my opinion) since the base black pulsar I was able to buy for about 70. So, I offered a reasonable price for it (about 130). The seller might feel that I lowballed, but I've been buying enough prizm to know that's probably a little more than it would actually sell for. So, if you feel a card is worth 50 bucks, and they say it's worth 200, but you've been doing the buying, then you have the experience to know its value more than they would (for the most part). I keep seeing Johnathan Franklin 1/1 autos for sale on eBay for 300 bucks.... That's right, a one game player who had to retire after that one game played because of a neck injury, and they're still trying to get 300 bucks for one of his autos. EVENTUALLY, they'll either put it up for auction, or they'll lower their price.... or it will never sell.

IT IS HARD BEING A DIE HARD FAN OF A PLAYER OR TEAM AS EVERY SELLER IS OUT TO GET EVERY LAST DOLLAR FOR ANY CARD THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO SELL. I HAVE OFFERED UPTO 60% OF WHAT THE CARD IS WORTH. IF THE SELLER IS BEING A HARD-A$$, IT IS THEIR LOSS. I JUST CONVINCE MYSELF THAT IT WAS NOT MEANT TO HAVE THAT CARD IN MY COLLECTION, WHICH IS THE HARDEST BULLET TO BITE! HOPE YOU GET YOUR CARDS!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

(12-31-2015, 08:44 AM)bojesphob Wrote: I wouldn't consider it lowballing unless you're going way under what it's worth (and not what they are wanting out of it). I just sent an offer to a seller for a black pulsar auto of Brett Hundley from Prizm, and they have it listed for 499..... It's not worth anywhere near that (in my opinion) since the base black pulsar I was able to buy for about 70. So, I offered a reasonable price for it (about 130). The seller might feel that I lowballed, but I've been buying enough prizm to know that's probably a little more than it would actually sell for. So, if you feel a card is worth 50 bucks, and they say it's worth 200, but you've been doing the buying, then you have the experience to know its value more than they would (for the most part). I keep seeing Johnathan Franklin 1/1 autos for sale on eBay for 300 bucks.... That's right, a one game player who had to retire after that one game played because of a neck injury, and they're still trying to get 300 bucks for one of his autos. EVENTUALLY, they'll either put it up for auction, or they'll lower their price.... or it will never sell.
Yeah, even when you use genuine logic and reasoning, regardless of a seller just trying to squeeze every dime out of you. Some people really do not understand logic and comprehend it. If one of those people are trying to make money on you, good luck
(12-31-2015, 08:05 PM)maizenblue73175 Wrote: IT IS HARD BEING A DIE HARD FAN OF A PLAYER OR TEAM AS EVERY SELLER IS OUT TO GET EVERY LAST DOLLAR FOR ANY CARD THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO SELL. I HAVE OFFERED UPTO 60% OF WHAT THE CARD IS WORTH. IF THE SELLER IS BEING A HARD-A$$, IT IS THEIR LOSS. I JUST CONVINCE MYSELF THAT IT WAS NOT MEANT TO HAVE THAT CARD IN MY COLLECTION, WHICH IS THE HARDEST BULLET TO BITE! HOPE YOU GET YOUR CARDS!
Well that was my problem the first 5 years he was in the league. The fan bought most of those PC Cards, now that I've cooled my jets. I see my collection for what it is and love the chase or completion aspect over the player itself. I've let cards sit for a few years now and it's a hard pill to swallow.

Just my opinion here. I'd just go the patient route on this one. You mentioned you are the entire market, and even if there's a few others out there you can feel comfortable these cards are not going to slip through your fingers so to speak.
Eventually the seller(s) will make them available for a price you feel is fair. Whether that be through Hartline eventually moving on to another team, falling deeper down the depth chart or retiring, those sellers won't hold onto them forever. If you plan on keeping him as a PC then the cards will come. It just sucks having to wait so long (Especially since you know what these sellers are refusing to accept in hopes someone will bite).
I've been working on the 1997 Pinnacle Certified mirror gold set since 97 and I literally have one more card to complete it. It's available on Ebay right now but as was the case with so many of these throughout the 18 year effort, the seller is asking more than I want to spend. I know eventually it will become available for what I'd like to spend (and I'm not being cheap either!). I've kept this same philosophy whether I needed 100 or 5 and now I'm down to one. It'll happen if you can wait out the irritation of the uncertain rationale of these sellers.
I'd definitely keep making the same offers as long as they keep coming up for auction. Might help them see you're the only one interested and wear them down eventually.
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!

(01-01-2016, 04:23 PM)footbal Wrote: Just my opinion here. I'd just go the patient route on this one. You mentioned you are the entire market, and even if there's a few others out there you can feel comfortable these cards are not going to slip through your fingers so to speak.
Eventually the seller(s) will make them available for a price you feel is fair. Whether that be through Hartline eventually moving on to another team, falling deeper down the depth chart or retiring, those sellers won't hold onto them forever. If you plan on keeping him as a PC then the cards will come. It just sucks having to wait so long (Especially since you know what these sellers are refusing to accept in hopes someone will bite).
I've been working on the 1997 Pinnacle Certified mirror gold set since 97 and I literally have one more card to complete it. It's available on Ebay right now but as was the case with so many of these throughout the 18 year effort, the seller is asking more than I want to spend. I know eventually it will become available for what I'd like to spend (and I'm not being cheap either!). I've kept this same philosophy whether I needed 100 or 5 and now I'm down to one. It'll happen if you can wait out the irritation of the uncertain rationale of these sellers.
I'd definitely keep making the same offers as long as they keep coming up for auction. Might help them see you're the only one interested and wear them down eventually.
Yeah I always kinda keep that in the back of my head. If I'm the only buyer and offer x amount, hopefully sellers eventually cut whatever ties they have with it and get what they can before it gets worse. I've done that a few times, offer a lower amount after it gets relisted. And even a couple times had a seller seek me out for a price. It's just a rough patch right where nobody is moving, it sucks bc I have some extra coin at the moment.

I hear you man...It's happening all over. Everyone wants to make a mint off of every card. I can't bring myself to pay big bucks for a card of a guy like Franklin, who never did anything, even if it's from a high-priced box. It's a risk anyone ripping boxes takes, whether a player pans out or not. So, I have values in my head, based off of my budget, what cards have been going for, etc, and that's what I offer. If they say no, I'm learning to swallow it and move on, though it's really hard when it's a "must have" PC card. Theres a Burfict Immaculate "T" on the auction site. It's a 1/1, and I'd love to add it, but he insists on nothing less than at least $50s what it's worth. It's been there since a month or two of release of LAST YEARS. I know there's only like 2 of us who want that card lol. I send him an offer every now and then after a month or so, just to see if he'll realize he's not really going to get a better offer lol. I wish you luck!

(01-01-2016, 07:11 PM)savagenate Wrote: I hear you man...It's happening all over. Everyone wants to make a mint off of every card. I can't bring myself to pay big bucks for a card of a guy like Franklin, who never did anything, even if it's from a high-priced box. It's a risk anyone ripping boxes takes, whether a player pans out or not. So, I have values in my head, based off of my budget, what cards have been going for, etc, and that's what I offer. If they say no, I'm learning to swallow it and move on, though it's really hard when it's a "must have" PC card. Theres a Burfict Immaculate "T" on the auction site. It's a 1/1, and I'd love to add it, but he insists on nothing less than at least $50s what it's worth. It's been there since a month or two of release of LAST YEARS. I know there's only like 2 of us who want that card lol. I send him an offer every now and then after a month or so, just to see if he'll realize he's not really going to get a better offer lol. I wish you luck!
Yeah. I've reached my breaking point, I'm no longer caving in to sellers. I'm offering one time and if they don't like it. Tough! There is a 1/1 that I've been eying for a year. It's priced decent and I would buy it straight up 3 years ago when things were looking up. But now, after 2 years of illrevelance, I'm torn to offer what I consider value but times change...

I mean realistically, how much value is in a WR who has under 1k yards total the past 2 years, and only 4 TDs? Hell, Antonio Brown does that a game lol