Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Box Breaks! (1st Box Results!!)

New to Box Breaks! (1st Box Results!!)
What's up Guys!

So, real quick, over the last couple weeks I've really taken the time to go through all the cards I have, about 2,000, mostly baseball, and organized them and what not. I found nothing worth more than a couple dollars or so, but it was really cool to see the collection I had put together while I was younger.

I bought my first official hobby box (15/16 Upper Deck Series 1) just the other day from minerasportscards on eBay and plan on opening it up later today when it arrives.

I found an article online regarding all the cards and odds of pulling a nice card from the UD Series 1, but is there anything I should know as a Box Breaking noob? Any special quirks/cliches to avoid, or make sure I do? I'm 20 and a frequent gamer, so I planned on livestreaming the box break on Twitch.tv!

If it's something the forums would like to watch, I can link it later, but any info or tips you guys could give me would be awesome! Thanks!

Also, shoutout to any other Bruins fans here!
[Image: 1c57k.jpg]

RE: New to Box Breaks!
There are many good / great YG's your are looking for out of 15-16 Upper Deck.

#1 Rookie - Connor McDavid

Other good rookies
Dylan Larkin
Max Domi
Artemi Pinanri
Sam Bennett

Watch you canvas cards which can also have YG's in them. The big guy from Series 1 is Jack Eichel.

you should also hit a game used card and a bunch of other inserts.

BTW, good luck on your first box when it arrives. Looking forward to see how you do.
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

RE: New to Box Breaks!
(12-28-2015, 04:10 PM)dark crawler88 Wrote: There are many good / great YG's your are looking for out of 15-16 Upper Deck.

#1 Rookie - Connor McDavid

Other good rookies
Dylan Larkin
Max Domi
Artemi Pinanri
Sam Bennett

Watch you canvas cards which can also have YG's in them. The big guy from Series 1 is Jack Eichel.

you should also hit a game used card and a bunch of other inserts.

BTW, good luck on your first box when it arrives. Looking forward to see how you do.
Thank you very much! Yea, I'm a big hockey fan, so I know the rookie's to look for, but I wasn't sure of the special version cards to really hope for. Any sort of notable rookies always good, I'd assume it's not necessarily the same with veterans though? Like if I get an Ovechkin card, for example, it may not be a showstealer, it'll just be your average card?

Either way, getting out of work in an hour. Very excited to get home

EDIT: Really hoping for a YG Jordan Weal. He's one of my favorite players

RE: New to Box Breaks! (1st Box Results!!)
Shining Stars: Pavel Datsyuk, Jake Voracek, Tyler Seguin,
UD Game Jersey: Jonathan Quick
UD Portrait: Carey Price, Ryan Johansen, Guy Lafleur, Henrik Zetterberg
YG: Oscar Lindberg, Joonas Kemppainen, Nick Shore, Antoine Bibeau, Henrik Samuelsson, Nick Cousins
UD Canvas: Pekka Rinne, Matt Read, Jonathon Toews
UD Canvas YG: Andrew Copp

Think that's about it.. how'd I do for my first box? Don't think I did too hot.

Not the best box that is for sure but still some decent stuff. If you are looking I am sure someone will have a Weal they will trade you.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(12-29-2015, 10:41 PM)snobles Wrote: Not the best box that is for sure but still some decent stuff. If you are looking I am sure someone will have a Weal they will trade you.
Yeah, figured it wasn't too hot. Have a local card shop in town that I completely forgot about so I'm going to see what they got for boxes later today. Maybe get another one, or something smaller.

Not the best box but it's a lot of fun breaking 2015-16 series 1.

If you break another box, I'm pretty sure it will be better.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

Welcome back to the hobby
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK