`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure if I'm happy or not (Casey Kelly traded to Braves)

Not sure if I'm happy or not (Casey Kelly traded to Braves)
One of My PC guys is a pitcher named Casey Kelly. (Former Yankee, Pat Kelly's son) He was a SS that was converted to a pitcher. Drafted by the Red Sox, traded to the Padres (in the Adrian Gonzalez trade) and pretty much sidelined with pitcher related medical issues (i.e. Tommy John surgery) since 2013. He started back with the Padres at the tail end of this last season. Looked good.
Now he was just traded to the Braves. I don't really care about the team aspect, I just want to see him get a regular gig, so perhaps the move will translate into more 'Starts' for him on a rebuilding team vs. the Padres that are loading-up to make a pennant chase. Who knows? Any Bravo fans that can throw some insight my way?
Pitching staff, pitching coach, exisiting rotation & bullpen, up & coming pitching prospects? Etc, etc, etc.
thanks in advance. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Not sure if I'm happy or not
All I know is that if you're happy and you know it, you'll clap your hands.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Not sure if I'm happy or not
(12-12-2015, 08:52 AM)zeprock Wrote: All I know is that if you're happy and you know it, you'll clap your hands.
LOL
Every time I clap my hands, I demonstrate a renewed belief in Fairies. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Not sure if I'm happy or not (Casey Kelly traded to Braves)
I think he will have a good chance of getting into the rotation because most of our prospects simply aren't ready yet. I also don't think we will rush any of them and put them into the rotation at the start of the season just so they can get some experience. Aaron Blair and Tyrell Jenkins will get the call sooner than the rest but that probably won't be til June and only if the guys in our rotation perform poorly which will probably happen. Casey atleast has pitched in the majors and did so at the end of last season so he will more than likely come in as the #4 starter.

For his chances beyond this season, well, we will just have to see how he performs this season. Maybe he's a diamond in the rough or maybe medical and performance reasons will get him cut. Only time will tell.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

(12-13-2015, 07:07 PM)Odyssey Wrote: I think he will have a good chance of getting into the rotation because most of our prospects simply aren't ready yet. I also don't think we will rush any of them and put them into the rotation at the start of the season just so they can get some experience. Aaron Blair and Tyrell Jenkins will get the call sooner than the rest but that probably won't be til June and only if the guys in our rotation perform poorly which will probably happen. Casey atleast has pitched in the majors and did so at the end of last season so he will more than likely come in as the #4 starter.

For his chances beyond this season, well, we will just have to see how he performs this season. Maybe he's a diamond in the rough or maybe medical and performance reasons will get him cut. Only time will tell.
Appreciate the info. Then I guess I'm happy! I was hoping he'd get a chance to start, and it sounds now like this trade will give him the best shot. Thanks!

Doc, the team's depth chart does not have him listed through 8 starters and also not on the bull pen help list, however two guys returning from injury are on that list so not sure where he will fall in the order. He does not have a number listed to him yet, but is a part of the 40 man roster. He may get another move before the season starts or may get a shot to make the rotation out of spring training. Hart has been stocking up on pitching and then selectively flipping that pitching for other pieces as he did with Shelby Miller so this may not be Kelly's final stop yet this off season.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(12-14-2015, 01:46 AM)tdog4468 Wrote: Doc, the team's depth chart does not have him listed through 8 starters and also not on the bull pen help list, however two guys returning from injury are on that list so not sure where he will fall in the order. He does not have a number listed to him yet, but is a part of the 40 man roster. He may get another move before the season starts or may get a shot to make the rotation out of spring training. Hart has been stocking up on pitching and then selectively flipping that pitching for other pieces as he did with Shelby Miller so this may not be Kelly's final stop yet this off season.
Very interesting! Thanks.
So he may be part of an upcoming package deal? Hmm?
I guess once spring training starts, every pitcher has a shot at proving himself worthy of a starting position, so hopefully he's not traded to a team too top heavy in starters or remains with The Bravos!