`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should I bite the bullet and subscribe again?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
47.62%
10 47.62%
No
52.38%
11 52.38%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To renew, or not to renew?

To renew, or not to renew?
OK, so with the entry into this year's Secret Santa, about a dozen trades in the works, and the inescapable urge to buy some retail Series 1, I'm considering renewing my subscription. What do the old schoolers think about the pricing right now, i.e. what it pays for. Providing I get back into to trading regularly, is it worth it? I want your thoughts.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

RE: To renew, or not to renew?
I voted no, just based on what I think my decision will be when my 6 month sub is up. Nothing is ever added for value yet the price keeps going up. I love trading on here and make the most trades here than anywhere else but the price is just unrealistic. So unless you can get a great deal my vote remains no.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I used the live chat to talk with Shawn Michael, (who was a hell of a tag team with Marty Janetty, just sayin) and Beckett offered me a discount, supposedly coming through email, but I haven't gotten it yet.

(12-10-2015, 12:20 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: I used the live chat to talk with Shawn Michael, (who was a hell of a tag team with Marty Janetty, just sayin) and Beckett offered me a discount, supposedly coming through email, but I haven't gotten it yet.
Had one hell of a singles run too, his time with DX changed the industry.

Anyway let us know how it goes!

In spite of a 5-to-1 "No" vote, you're going to have to deal with me being here another year. I have a bunch of trades pending, and more lined up, so I'm sticking around. Hopefully I can straighten my ORG out a bit and add a couple hundred cards from this and last year that never got input. Should be loads of fun... right?

(12-11-2015, 08:56 AM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: In spite of a 5-to-1 "No" vote, you're going to have to deal with me being here another year. I have a bunch of trades pending, and more lined up, so I'm sticking around. Hopefully I can straighten my ORG out a bit and add a couple hundred cards from this and last year that never got input. Should be loads of fun... right?
Thanks for the trade and even though I voted no I hope you got a good deal and happy to see you are staying around.

(12-11-2015, 09:42 AM)snobles Wrote: Thanks for the trade and even though I voted no I hope you got a good deal and happy to see you are staying around.
Thanks Scott, I missed being around anyway, so it was only a matter of time. Thanks for the swap, hopefully we wheel and deal some more soon!

I would definitely renew. This is a wonderful place to be

What this site costs and what it provides are by no means equal, and I believe people are starting to realize that. I haven't made a trade in weeks, but I keep offering. The people just aren't here in the numbers they used to be. The only thing I'm paying for as my subscriptions run out is the Forums - which I can find for free at other places. The articles Beckett posts are childish, and the trades are dying. Just go and don't look back. That's my plan right now for when my last two subscriptions run out - unless somethings drastically change.
(12-11-2015, 08:56 AM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: Hopefully I can straighten my ORG out a bit and add a couple hundred cards from this and last year that never got input. Should be loads of fun... right?
Actually, I love that part of the hobby, but I don't need this site to do it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I voted yes to your poll. The beckett community is great, the trade tool is easy to use, I love to organizer feature and I love the live pricing. I am glad to see you stuck around.
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"