`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks Topps, boy my rear end is sore!

Thanks Topps, boy my rear end is sore!
So like many others I'm sure, I had a pending redemption for a 2014 Topps Prime Le'Veon Bell Autograph. Well I called up Topps two weeks ago to have it replaced and mentioned I would like a Seahawks card in return because I know Earl Thomas and Lynch are both in the same set and I figure either of their values are roughly the same, not only that, I collect Seahawks stuff. I was incredibly polite on the phone with the rep as well. Well today I get my replacement, a 2013 Topps Prime Giovani Bernard auto /50.

How the hell are these two the least bit comparable other than they are running backs? The last 3 Bernard's have sold for a whopping 7.71, 2.80, and 2.25. The last two Bell redemptions have sold for $20 and another that was $34 but a best offer accepted. Even the Beckett values are off if they tried to go that route.

Needless to say I'll be trying to contact them tomorrow to get this straightened out. I realize that it's not a high dollar amount card whatsoever but Jesus, at least buy me a drink if you're going to try to take advantage of me like this.

Has anyone had success in getting a replacement sent back for something of a more comparable vale? Also is there anyone I should try to speak to?

RE: Thanks Topps, boy my rear end is sore!
Topps evaluates replacements on book value. They don't care what it sells for 9.9 out of 10 times. If bv is off that is the argument you go with.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

At least you got your replacement. Earlier this year I went round and round with a rep there and was told I could not pick a replacement, would you like to continue waiting for your guy to sign, or let us pick your replacement?

I finally conceded, just send me a replacement. Still waiting.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

and this is why they need to do away with redemptions...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

I think all card companies who have products with redemptions in them should be forced to print, in big ugly letters that "you have a chance at a redemption and there is a chance that redemption will not be filled due to players not signing and there is a possibility of receiving a replacement not worth $5" .... then I bet people wouldn't buy ....lolololol

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

SORRY FOR YOUR UNSATISFYING EXPERIENCE. I DON'T BUY BOXES AND ONLY REDEMPTIONS I HAVE HAD WERE EBAY REDEMPTIONS AND THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS NOT FULFILLED WAS FOR 2012 DRE KIRKPATRICK CONTENDERS. EARLY THIS YEAR I ASKED FOR REPLACEMENT I ASKED FOR DALLAS COWBOYS STAR. DIDN'T HAVE TO BE RC AUTO. I EXPLAINED I WAS PATIENT AND DID NOT GET CARD I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET, YOUR FAULT, NOT MINE. I SAID JUSTIFICATION OF WAITING OVER 3 YEARS OF MY TIME TO WAIT SHOULD BE RESPECTED AND COMPENSATED THAT WOULD KEEP ME A HAPPY HOBBY COLLECTOR! I GOT ANTHONY HITCHENS CONTENDERS CHAMPIONSHIP TICKET WITH STAR ON CENTER OF CARD BUT IN LETTERS DETROIT LIONS. GO FIGURE!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

Are you just figuring out Topps is ruining collecting?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I don't get how you thought Earl Thomas was comparable? I understand you like him more than Gio but look at it in their perspective. Even Lynch is a "name" player but his non-rookie stuff isn't the highest BVs around. gios was a rookie auto atleast... good luck on trying again though! Hope you get something you want. Id demand a same BV card no matter who the heck it is.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.