`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Back Into It...

Getting Back Into It...
What's up everyone. Last time I collected cards was back in 97. I don't even know where to start now. I really don't even see basketball cards for sale anymore in stores. So is there a place to start with some good prices on boxes? And do new cards hold value like they used to back with older cards?

I never really was a searcher for solo cards. I guess I was the type to just get some packs and hope my luck would get me something good. So would buying the new season of basketball cards or years before would be a better choice?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you.

RE: Getting Back Into It...
You may have to resort to ordering online, if you are looking to break something. You just missed out on all the Black Friday deals unfortunately. To recommend products for breaking, I would need a better idea of what you are looking for. There are some insanely expensive products, and several cheaper products, as well as a mix of in between. If you were last around in 97, there has definitely been a change. No more Upper Deck, Topps or Fleer. Panini is the only manufacturer. Some like it, some don't. Inserts are no where near what they used to be in the 90's in terms of quality and value. Panini is making a push as of late to bring significance back to the insert in some of their newer products, but it remains to be seen how that will pan out. Now a days, it's mostly about RCs, Patches, and autos. Post-2000 you will find that there are certain brands, sets and players that retain value, but most don't, and this applies to all manufacturers.

If you are looking for something fun to break, I would try Prizm. 15-16 was just recently released and will probably be a little more expensive than last years, but there was a pretty nice RC crop this year, so plenty of potential reward for the risk.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

thanks for the info I appreciate it. Definitely will check out prizm and try my luck. I will try buying a box every month and see how it turns out with my luck. As for selling cards that i feel like letting go, is it better to do it on a forum like this or just hit up ebay?

welcome back to the hobby! what kind of old stuff do you have, what years?

A few good places to buy unopened boxes and packs;

Dacardworld.com
Blowoutcards.com
If your looking for some vintage packs try BBCexchange.com (they also have modern stuff too).

If your looking to sell some of your collection, I'd go straight to Ebay.
Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the replies much appreciated. I have alot from early to mid 90's. Michael Jordan and everyone else that was popular. No autos though because all I ever got was retail packs and never had that luck or knew about hobby boxes back then. So I have a lot of inserts. I probably will go straight to ebay with the collection.

I just got a few boxes from blowoutcards.com but for football. Starting next year I will go all out for basketball and try to get as much autos and rare cards I can get.

also any recommendation on any good hobby boxes to break. Budget up to $200

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Always have fun doing it no matter what I pull. My inner kid comes out when ups delivers these boxes lol. Speed home from work and wait for ups to knock at the door