`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some opinions

I need some opinions
I have posted this before. I have these three cards that I want to send in to Beckett for grading. They are graded by PSA and I know if I send them in I can specify a minimum grade and if they grade lower the cards will be returned in the PSA cases. However if they grade higher they would then be put in Beckett slabs which I prefer. I guess what I swant to know is this: is it worth it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: I need some opinions
I know by watching sales on ebay that PSA out sells BGS in vintage so you might be lowering the value on the Cepeda. BGS is also more stringent on grading so the grades will probably go down too.

BGS to me is the superior product though so that is all I invest in. I much prefer their holder too. My answer is to go ahead and do the crossover.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(12-09-2015, 04:34 PM)crossada Wrote: I know by watching sales on ebay that PSA out sells BGS in vintage so you might be lowering the value on the Cepeda. BGS is also more stringent on grading so the grades will probably go down too.

BGS to me is the superior product though so that is all I invest in. I much prefer their holder too. My answer is to go ahead and do the crossover.
Thanks for your quick reply. I'm not real concerned about the Cepeda. The only card that I am concerned about is the Bundy. I can't figure out why it got such a low grade. If it comes back at 6.5 or higher then I could see the different sub-grades and maybe get an answer. And since , if the cards don't grade as high as they are now then all I have really lost is the grading fee. I just feel like it's a risk I am willing to take. Besides they are not for sale or trade anyway.

The only one I would get regraded is the Dylan Bundy. However I would break it out of the case before submitting it, as I would think seeing a 6.5 grade from PSA would taint the judgement by BGS graders. Plus once you get it out you can look it over carefully and see if there is some faint surface damage that caused the low grade. In fact keeping it in the PSA case probably lowers the value anyhow, simply because a raw modern card is going to be worth more than one graded a 6.5.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

No. Don't send them in.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

No it wouldn't be worth it.

The Orlando Cepeda RC in PSA 6 seems to sell for about 35 -70 so I don't really think your going to lose or gain that much value if you cross and succeed or fail.
I couldn't find the exact same Archie Bradley card on Ebay but I saw a bunch of his autos in BGS 9 and 9.5 that were selling for under $30.

You may be better off just buying BGS/BVG graded versions of these cards then sell these ones to recoup the money... just a thought.

I wouldn't send these cards to Beckett to do a crossover. Last time I checked it was like $30 a card for the cross over (including crackout fee, grading fee, insurance, etc...) You'd be better off cracking the cards out yourself and sending them in raw.

(12-10-2015, 12:41 AM)altz11 Wrote: No it wouldn't be worth it.

The Orlando Cepeda RC in PSA 6 seems to sell for about 35 -70 so I don't really think your going to lose or gain that much value if you cross and succeed or fail.
I couldn't find the exact same Archie Bradley card on Ebay but I saw a bunch of his autos in BGS 9 and 9.5 that were selling for under $30.

You may be better off just buying BGS/BVG graded versions of these cards then sell these ones to recoup the money... just a thought.

I wouldn't send these cards to Beckett to do a crossover. Last time I checked it was like $30 a card for the cross over (including crackout fee, grading fee, insurance, etc...) You'd be better off cracking the cards out yourself and sending them in raw.
I agree.