`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
comments on our case break of 2013 Finest

comments on our case break of 2013 Finest
I decided to order a case of 2013 Finest Tuesday night and had it shipped 2nd day air. The reason I ordered was I have been getting my cards organized, and trying to decide what products I want to keep buying through the years and which not to buy. Plus, I had noticed I had 2012, 2014 and 2015, but no 2013. Whenever I order something like this, I always ask my local trading buddy if he wants some. I do this for 2 reasons; first, he's my buddy and it wouldn't be right not to ask him and secondly, it cuts the cost down for both of us as we're each opening a lot of product and still have chances to pull a good card.

What I really like about Finest is usually the design and the amount of color and inserts you get from a box. This stayed true for these boxes we opened. One big complaint, and this has been true for Topps for a long time, is the collation. While we were going thru the boxes, he was saying players I hadn't seen yet, but the players I was pulling were coming out 4, 5, 6 of the same player. For example, I did not see an Albert Pujols card until my 3rd box (guess I should mention it was an eight box case). And it worked vice versa, my buddy wasn't seeing some of the players I was pulling either. But, my buddy made 2 full sets, while I struggled to make 1 set.

Now, for what I liked about it. Autographs were fair. Of course I didn't pull a Jeter or any of the top dollar autos, but there are a lot of players who signed autos for this product. However, my buddy probably hit 2 case hits. One of course is the Griffey (see my post on the card). The mini boxes had the odds, and I think the odds on a buyback was 1 in 1220 packs. Plus my buddy pulled a Yasiel Puig redemption, and he wanted me to find it in my OPG. So I read the card his was receiving very carefully and was checking back and forth when I had the cards for Puig up on the screen. Anyway, let's just say he got his half of the case break cost back except for 40 cents worth. My best hit was a red Mike Trout refractor numbered to 5. Did however pull a Joe Mauer (one of my non Yankees players I collect) 93 Finest inserts.

All in all, we had a lot of fun and I'm thinking I'm going to make a set of the 93 Finest All Stars and the 93 Finest.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: comments on our case break of 2013 Finest
Finest cases are a blast. Collectively you guys did great. Got a pic of the Trout?

(12-04-2015, 10:24 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Finest cases are a blast. Collectively you guys did great. Got a pic of the Trout?
I can put a pic up tomorrow. Just so everyone knows, it's in my organizer already. I'm going to make sets of the 93 Finest All-Star and 93 Finest, so I hope I can get good value for it.

Cool man. Thanks.

Not bad at all in my opinion!
Finest is a lot of fun, and I toyed with the idea of getting a case of the 13 myself. What's the expiration date on the Puig just so I can factor that into my decision to grab some?
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

Hey, sorry you didn't do as well as your buddy. You had a 50% chance at a case hit. Better odds than that couldn't be expected ... Unless you took on the expense of the full case. Sad
If you have any Casey Kelly 2013 Finest from your case, I'd be more than happy to buy them or trade for them. They're not very valuable, but I PC him so I'd be glad to take them off your hands. LMK
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-05-2015, 01:07 AM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: Not bad at all in my opinion!
Finest is a lot of fun, and I toyed with the idea of getting a case of the 13 myself. What's the expiration date on the Puig just so I can factor that into my decision to grab some?
Expiration date on the Puig is 9/30/2016.
(12-05-2015, 07:40 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey, sorry you didn't do as well as your buddy. You had a 50% chance at a case hit. Better odds than that couldn't be expected ... Unless you took on the expense of the full case. Sad
If you have any Casey Kelly 2013 Finest from your case, I'd be more than happy to buy them or trade for them. They're not very valuable, but I PC him so I'd be glad to take them off your hands. LMK
I didn't pull any Casey Kelly's, but I will check with my buddy to see if he did. Please give me a day or two, as sometimes my buddy and his wife are gone on the weekends.
(12-05-2015, 07:40 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey, sorry you didn't do as well as your buddy. You had a 50% chance at a case hit. Better odds than that couldn't be expected ... Unless you took on the expense of the full case. Sad
I just talked to my buddy, he said he will look through his cards to see if had any. We had so many cards floating around yesterday, neither one of us remembers exactly what we got. Give us a day or two maybe.

(12-05-2015, 11:59 AM)bamyanks Wrote: Expiration date on the Puig is 9/30/2016.

I didn't pull any Casey Kelly's, but I will check with my buddy to see if he did. Please give me a day or two, as sometimes my buddy and his wife are gone on the weekends.

I just talked to my buddy, he said he will look through his cards to see if had any. We had so many cards floating around yesterday, neither one of us remembers exactly what we got. Give us a day or two maybe.
No rush, no worries. Probably won't be able to do any trading / buying till after Xmas. But thanks for checking and thanks in advance for asking your buddy.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-05-2015, 03:25 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: No rush, no worries. Probably won't be able to do any trading / buying till after Xmas. But thanks for checking and thanks in advance for asking your buddy.
You're welcome!! Granted you get better service because, like me, you're an awesome Yankees fan!!!
(12-04-2015, 10:24 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Finest cases are a blast. Collectively you guys did great. Got a pic of the Trout?
Here are the scans:

[Image: 2013FinestRefractorRedTroutF_zpsajiqk6o0.jpg]

[Image: 2013FinestRefractorRedTroutB_zps52np9w1k.jpg]