Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Minors Auto Cards

Just Minors Auto Cards
Good day,

My friend bought his kid a couple "Just Minors" auto cards for the kid's favorite players as a birthday present and we're thinking about adding them to my soon-to-be-mailed submission. My question is...this company isn't what i would consider one of the "top" brands, and their auto stickers don't have any "this auto is guaranteed authentic by ..." language on them like the Topps / Panini cards.

Will BGS grade them as is or will they need to go to JSA first?

Cheers,

RE: Just Minors Auto Cards
As a general personal rule of thumb, if I can't find them in the Beckett database I avoid sending them in.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I didn't even think of that! I looked them up and couldn't find them, so that may be a negative. I may just call Beckett today to see what they say.

Cheers,

Best of luck to you in your quest. Please share your results in the thread once you speak to Beckett.

Hobby instagram

That was a fun experience...

1) Tried the chat window that always pops up. The guy tried to tell me that the $2.00 fee covered JSA authentication for ALL autographs so there is no need to send them to JSA first.

2) Called and the guy said yup, there's no problem to send them in. I wanted to clarify absolutely that this was OK and as soon as I said (slightly paraphrased): "They don't have any language saying they are guaranteed authentic but they do have the hologram/foil logo sticker for the company on the back." he instantly changed his story and that they DID have to go to JSA.

So, I learned that I don't trust Beckett's customer service. Ironically, last night about an hour or two after I dealt with them, I got a call from Beckett trying to get me to renew my OPG/Org subscription!

I'm just going to call one of the sales reps if I can find the phone number for the guy that handles the mid-west.

Cheers,

(11-06-2015, 08:27 AM)KPRROK Wrote: That was a fun experience...

1) Tried the chat window that always pops up. The guy tried to tell me that the $2.00 fee covered JSA authentication for ALL autographs so there is no need to send them to JSA first.

2) Called and the guy said yup, there's no problem to send them in. I wanted to clarify absolutely that this was OK and as soon as I said (slightly paraphrased): "They don't have any language saying they are guaranteed authentic but they do have the hologram/foil logo sticker for the company on the back." he instantly changed his story and that they DID have to go to JSA.

So, I learned that I don't trust Beckett's customer service. Ironically, last night about an hour or two after I dealt with them, I got a call from Beckett trying to get me to renew my OPG/Org subscription!

I'm just going to call one of the sales reps if I can find the phone number for the guy that handles the mid-west.

Cheers,
POST #4,400

I thought I remembered them saying they were getting a mid west sales rep, but I couldn't find it.

Here's this:

http://www.beckett.com/grading/team

Derek, the Dallas sales rep, is real knowledgeable. Maybe he knows who you should contact. I've talked with him; he's super nice.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Thanks for the tip. I shot him an email but he is traveling to Toronto today, so I won't get an answer.

I ended up finding them in the OPG and there are also a few graded, so it looks like they do grade them. I'm just gonna send them and if they get rejected, that's a lesson for next time.

Chers,

(11-06-2015, 12:36 PM)KPRROK Wrote: Thanks for the tip. I shot him an email but he is traveling to Toronto today, so I won't get an answer.

I ended up finding them in the OPG and there are also a few graded, so it looks like they do grade them. I'm just gonna send them and if they get rejected, that's a lesson for next time.

Chers,
You're very welcome.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I had some Just Minors auto cards a few years ago but I wound up just tossing them in with the rest of the cards I donated to the local "school for exceptional children."

Hobby instagram