`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just when you thought you had it but find out you dont lol

Just when you thought you had it but find out you dont lol
A few months ago I thought I reached the 2000 unique beckett listed milestone regarding my Marino PC. It turns out after a month or more of organizing my Phins cards (maybe 10000+) with a lot of dupes to complicate things more Im currently only at 1985 unique Marinos.

With that said I do have over 2000 unique Marinos but I do not count those that are not listed by beckett. I guess the mission is back on lol. Of course I can just pick up some low end base to achieve the milestone AGAIN...but what fun is that? I always try to get at least 1 auto, 2 mem and some inserts and parallels especially from the 90s per month to give my PC some balance so I guess you will have to keep an eye out for when I reach the 2000 milestone within the upcoming weeks.

Thanks for reading this if you did as I didnt actually provide anything of value to the site but said I had to vent nonetheless lol.

If you have a similar story please share it.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Just when you thought you had it but find out you dont lol
I've had that happen, especially if I'm not careful listing what I have and I put in a card as a variation and the base and not notice it.

My biggest issue is not putting stuff in that I do have, then get excited when I see that same card on eBay and BIN, only to realize that I just hadn't put it into my list of haves and now have doubles :/

I can't tell you how many times I've watched an item and found out I already had it lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-28-2015, 02:59 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I can't tell you how many times I've watched an item and found out I already had it lol.
I do that a lot also, that's why my cards are organized by product within year, I can't always remember cards I have from 5-6 years ago but am convinced it's a new find! I look thru that year, find the card and have that duh moment. LoL
2000ish Marinos, a lot of cards to commit to memory.

Haha, thought I had that twice with rainbows...

There were so many arbitrary variants in some of those mid-90's Classic sets that I gave up on a Rob Johnson rookie master set years ago
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]