`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I made the leap into vintage, I feel this may be an addiction

I made the leap into vintage, I feel this may be an addiction
Well, I decided to start on my first vintage set: I picked all of these up for $50 at my LCS. I think I did alright, what do you guys think?

[Image: 1019151843_zpssrxtvo60.jpg]

[Image: 1019151844_zpslorcnl95.jpg]
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

RE: I made the leap into vintage, I feel this may be an addiction
Those are in pretty good condition for a sensitive set. Congrats. Now that you are into vintage and got the bug. t is almost impossible to shake it off. LOL
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

You're going to love vintage. There are so many different types and variations of vintage sets out there that I'm sure you'll discover eventually. If you ever make your way to pre-war, you're done for. Truly amazing cards and great start on your vintage collection!

Very nice pickups for a good price including some hofers, congrats!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

You've got 'The Fever' ... Good luck to you! 1962 is a great year to start collecting! Great design, but hard to find in top grade without paying a premium. As long as you don't care, its not bad. 90% of the cards are affordable. That other 10%, though ... Mantle, Mays, Maris, Aaron, Clemente, etc, etc, etc ...
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

It's far worse than addiction my friend. It's legal so you can spend your money freely. Nice lot btw.

Nice stuff man! I'm glad you decided to jump in! I really am looking forward to seeing your set updates, I'll keep my eyes open for any '62 lots. Can't wait until you make your way into the '50s and we can do some deals!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

I figured I would start on the '62 set since I already have the Maris. Just need to find an affordable Mantle. As far as condition, right now I am just looking for cards with no creases, writing, tears, and somewhat centered. Man as I read that back it kind of looks picky for the vintage. Well, maybe not picky, but pricey? heh
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Thats what I look for in condition; doesn't have to be immaculate for me. I also don't want pin holes or tape for mine ha
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

Great way to start. You are right, it is an addiction. This Is just the start, now is which year will be e next one to pick. Congratulations on some nice pickups.