`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Chase Utley's slide

RE: Chase Utley's slide
I don't think anyone will get drilled in the postseason with so much on the line unless the Mets feel like they are going to lose the series. Then maybe. I don't think he was trying to hurt him but it was a dirty play but one we've seen hundreds of times before. Karma will come back around on Utley eventually.

[Image: sweep_zps5vpdmchr.jpg]
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

I hate this "eye for an eye" crap ... it's stupid and childish.

And why are you so intent on Harvey hitting Gonzalez? You hit the guy that did the crime and if he's not playing you don't retaliate. Or - even better - you retaliate by winning the game.

Also, if you are going to hit someone intentionally you hit him in the back or on the backside. When you throw at people's shoulders it gets a little too easy to skull someone. If you think throwing a 95 MPH fastball at/near somebody's face or head is equal to a broken leg, you're a bigger moron than I ever thought ... and that's saying something.
Kepler

(10-11-2015, 11:06 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I hate this "eye for an eye" crap ... it's stupid and childish.

And why are you so intent on Harvey hitting Gonzalez? You hit the guy that did the crime and if he's not playing you don't retaliate. Or - even better - you retaliate by winning the game.

Also, if you are going to hit someone intentionally you hit him in the back or on the backside. When you throw at people's shoulders it gets a little too easy to skull someone. If you think throwing a 95 MPH fastball at/near somebody's face or head is equal to a broken leg, you're a bigger moron than I ever thought ... and that's saying something.
Is this directed at me?

Nice picture odyssey. These pitchers have uncanny control. They can pinpoint a pitch to the inch. I am sure Harvey could land it at the centimeter location of Adrian's shoulder. He might take off a couple miles an hour just to be safe.

Also, all of baseball's stupid little unwritten rules are ridiculous.

The fact that the Twins are going to hit Jose Ramirez for "showing them up" after a HR at the end of the season makes me ill.
(10-11-2015, 11:09 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Is this directed at me?
The eye for an eye comment is directed at everyone that they need to retaliate for it.

The rest was directed at the genius who wants Gonzalez (for some reason instead of Utley) to have a ball thrown within a few inches of his head.
Kepler

(10-11-2015, 11:12 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Also, all of baseball's stupid little unwritten rules are ridiculous.

The fact that the Twins are going to hit Jose Ramirez for "showing them up" after a HR at the end of the season makes me ill.

The eye for an eye comment is directed at everyone that they need to retaliate for it.

The rest was directed at the genius who wants Gonzalez (for some reason instead of Utley) to have a ball thrown within a few inches of his head.
I didn't say I hope Gonzalez gets plunked. I only laid out what I thought was going to happen. I'm not into seeing anyone get hurt. Good to know I'm a moron though.

I don't expect Utley to play for the rest of the series. Gonzalez was the first guy up after the Utley play and should have been hit automatically.

Yeah he should have ... if you're 15.
Kepler

Ah, I see. I didn't see that comment before. I don't condone that style of play but I'm assuming it's going to happen. I don't believe the Mets will allow their shortstops leg to be broken in the playoffs with no repercussions. That combined with Harvey's inning issue makes it makes it an opportune time for payback.

I just saw the "hard slide" and this is yet another case of absolute BS behaviour by MLB runners. I understand if you slide into the bag and the 2B/SS is still over the bag and this results in a collision, that's the game. But intentionally "sliding" into the 2B/SS while he's off the bag and trying to do his job is just absolute and utter BS to the extreme.

This is the third slide this year that I've seen that should have resulted in a ban for the runner. Lawrie against Escobar, Coughlan against Kang, and Utley against Tejada. Each of the runners (I almost want to say "sliders", but they can't really be described as slides) should be banned for that crap.

My two reasons for this are:

1) What are we teaching people who watch this? It's OK to be reckless and try to "take someone out" if it helps your team? No, you play the game and do your best to be safe, not take out the other side. In all three of these cases, if the player had simply slid into the bag, they probably would have been safe without any contact. In two of them, they "broke up a double play" that wouldn't have been turned anyway, and in Kang's case, he managed to complete the double play even with Coughlan being an *$$hat.

2) If you can't run into the catcher who's got all that padding (and I used to be a catcher and was hit many times), why is it allowed to do it to a fielder? Double standards that MLB needs to change.

I admit to being happy that MLB was doing away with the "in-the-vicinity" rule for double plays at first, but this makes me think that needs to be reviewed also.

I wasn't planning on rooting for the Dodgers in the first place, but this has completely turned me off of even the remotest chance of rooting for them. Go METS!

Cheers,