Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BURGER!!!

BURGER!!!
Good day, Beckett Community!

It has been rather nice lately here in Nova Scotia, as the weather has cooled and it finally feels like fall! This is my favourite time of year! Also... something else... hmmm. Oh yeah...

HOCKEY!!!

The NHL is back in full swing and I got to see my Habs beat the Leafs in the first game of the season! It was stellar! Though the defence was pretty pathetic letting 37 shot hit Carey Price, he stopped 36 of them. Looks like he is starting off where he ended last season. Maybe we will see a repeat? Here's to hoping!

As for cards, I have not had many trades here on the site... but I have still been busy. Nick (iloveladies) and I made an amazing trade that saw him land one of the Wayne Gretzky autos that I had. Huge thanks to him! The cards are on their way, Nick. Thank you!

Otherwise, I have been picking up some PC items with flair lately, as they have suddenly been coming to me. Haha! Not too many Halak, but Gallagher and the Staal brothers. Along with some stellar traders. Here is what I have landed recently:

[Image: Scan_573_zpsnc2lylle.jpg][Image: Scan_560_zpsfxf98kzg.jpg][Image: Scan_559_zpsyxgdf1uw.jpg][Image: Scan_558_zpsxjycvuyd.jpg][Image: Scan_563_zpsxaoqqwd6.jpg][Image: Scan_561_zpsmhzgpmlg.jpg][Image: Scan_562_zps8f15ax9b.jpg][Image: Scan_564_zpshusuqevk.jpg][Image: Scan_575_zpsxyrmf7jq.jpg][Image: Scan_565_zpshxxcqpp4.jpg]

Some pretty nice stuff for the PC in there! Nice to see some more Halak coming in. I also picked up some of the new Canada Post Stamp Cards. They feature some of the best goalies in Canadian history, so they are right up my alley!

[Image: Scan_567_zpsmvnoqvvz.jpg][Image: Scan_568_zpslaucavqo.jpg][Image: Scan_571_zps27mnnhav.jpg][Image: Scan_570_zpsq1anp11f.jpg][Image: Scan_566_zps73hnghqi.jpg][Image: Scan_569_zpsoxfz8mna.jpg]

There is an auto at a ratio of 1:40, but I doubt that Gump or Dryden will be in there. Here is a very nice trader that I landed:

[Image: Scan_576_zps6deaopzy.jpg]

And then there is the reason for the title of the post. I headed out to run some errands and get some lunch. A&W always hits the spot, so I picked up a couple of burgers. On the way home I decided to stop at Tim Horton's to get a coffee for the Wife and myself. Two discounted packs to go along with? Sure!

Finally landed the 2014-15 Upper Deck-Andrew Hammond YG for my set.

[Image: Scan_574_zps0likxzdp.jpg]

And then yanked this bad-boy from the second pack from Tim's!!!

[Image: Scan_577_zpsctgptgja.jpg]

Now this may not look like much, but these things are selling for HUGE dollars! There are jersey cards that are going for over $100 (Nash, Gaudreau, etc.) and the Crosby Auto and Mem cards are selling for HUGE bucks! This should land me something nice for the PC, or some decent coin. Thanks for the look, and all comments are welcome! Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi
Almost forgot... the card that I landed from Nick:

[Image: Scan_572_zpsvlekoagm.jpg]

Yeah... it's a decent little keeper! Hehe!

Randi

RE: BURGER!!!
Wow, Randi you killed it with that pull from Timmy's. I have seen 100's of packs opened with nothing so you destroyed the odds.

That dual au is ok too I guess.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Even upside down the card looks amazing. Great hits and pick ups Randi.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

(10-09-2015, 11:57 AM)iluvladies5015 Wrote: Even upside down the card looks amazing. Great hits and pick ups Randi.
Love to have the Horvat Masterpieces !

Great additions.
Congrats.

As for the stamps, only Bower, Brodeur, Esposito and Parent signed.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

Thanks for the replies, guys! I am loving this hobby more and more! Photobucket though... I fixed the pic even before I posted this thread, so I don't know what is going on there. Haha!

Randi

Randi, you rocked those trades and the odds on Tims cards!!

Ah you got a yg... Might have to trade you for one yg haha.. Sweet redemption too! It should land you something sweet!

Wow. Nice haul. Love the vintage goalies on the stamps.
[Image: Blues%20Banner%202015_zpso4q52tdf.png]
Blues PC: 5600+ cards - Blues RCs: 781/933 - 83.7%

(10-10-2015, 03:18 PM)johlix Wrote: Ah you got a yg... Might have to trade you for one yg haha.. Sweet redemption too! It should land you something sweet!
I was working out a trade with a guy in Maritimes moments before you said that you were sending me the cards. About an hour after you and I talked, he and I worked out the final details. Haha! I will return the Hammond to you when it gets in. Thanks, Jeff!
(10-10-2015, 11:42 PM)pretzel mask Wrote: Wow. Nice haul. Love the vintage goalies on the stamps.
Thanks, Mike! Glad to see you kicking around he site again. The stamps are awesome, and it will be fun using them, seeing as they hold postage value. Haha! I have kept a full set for myself, and will be buying a lot more.

Randi