`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jersey Authentication Help

Jersey Authentication Help
So I need to know who the most reputable company is that authenticates "game used" jerseys? Have any of you sent in anything to be authenticated and if so, who did you use and were you happy with them?

I'm asking because I have a game used jersey I picked up from a person with ties to the specific team in question. The jersey was donated by the team to a charity auction many years ago and auctioned off to raise money for xyz charity. However he lost the letter from the team during one of his many moves and my attempts to obtain a new letter from the team have not worked.

The jersey was also autographed on the player's number on the back. The autograph was authenticated by PSA and I've got that certificate. Which I had to obtain myself.

I also played in a charity golf tournament two years ago and was able to meet the player. I knew he would be there and I brought the jersey with me and he confirmed it was his size and appeard to be legit.

I don't have any intentions of selling it but I'd like to get it authenticated by a good company so my kids can sell it if they ever need to after I'm gone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

RE: Jersey Authentication Help
(10-06-2015, 05:41 PM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: I don't have any intentions of selling it but I'd like to get it authenticated by a good company so my kids can sell it if they ever need to after I'm gone.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
You should save your kids the grief and instruct them to bury you wearing the jersey. Who said you can't take it with you?? Smile
... And then in 1000 years, some aliens excavating the earth will be all confused and think you were a famous Ballplayer Smile

Just kidding ... Sounds cool, but what jersey, what player? Why couldn't the player that you met put it on and you could have taken a picture to prove it was worn by him (you were playing golf, so technically 'game' worn Smile ... Or at least as game worn or event worn as some major card companies consider legitimate )
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.