`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Sell Paid Me Back

Pre-Sell Paid Me Back
For years I have been without a local hobby shop so I pre-order hobby boxes that are usually $15-$75 less than release day or shortly thereafter.  Over the years I have saved nearly $1,000.

When 2022 Topps Gold Label release date was late September I purchased 4 boxes in August, and even posted my excitement at finding hobby boxes with guaranteed auto for $100.

Then the release date was postponed until late November, and then postponed again until early February.  So, not only has the vendor used my money since August interest-free...but now the hobby boxes are $75-$85 each!  I am losing about $80 on pre-sell.

Sometimes planning ahead can bite you because of unforseen activity.  Makes me care very little about the upcoming delayed product, too.

RE: Pre-Sell Finally Bites Me
That stinks. Hopefully that means you will pull something awesome to make up for the price difference. Good luck.

Sorry my friend … hopefully you pull something huge!

Well for what it's worth I thin the days of pre-sales are done now that Fanatics is running things. 2023 Series 1 is less than a moth from release and still no presales.

(01-17-2023, 12:45 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Well for what it's worth I thin the days of pre-sales are done now that Fanatics is running things. 2023 Series 1 is less than a moth from release and still no presales.
I tend to agree - Fanatics want's to cut out as much of the middle man out as possible.   Should be a plus for consumers.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

All you baseball folks should keep an eye on Fanatics and their release schedule for baseball.

Our friends at Panini are just now releasing NBA Hoops, which is like Topps Flagship for baseball ... featuring first cards of rookies in their NBA uniforms.

Funny thing is, we are now past the halfway point of the NBA season.

That would be like Topps Series 1 coming out at the end of June.

(01-17-2023, 06:00 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: All you baseball folks should keep an eye on Fanatics and their release schedule for baseball.

Our friends at Panini are just now releasing NBA Hoops, which is like Topps Flagship for baseball ... featuring first cards of rookies in their NBA uniforms.

Funny thing is, we are now past the halfway point of the NBA season.

That would be like Topps Series 1 coming out at the end of June.
Thanks for the heads up! I feel for the football & basketball collectors - Panini straight out stinks and doesn't care about you guys.  Wonder what Fanatics has in store.  I get the feeling that they have seen that "cards" are not as profitable as they once were during the pandemic when most acted like drunks and the real money on them was made on the secondary market.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-17-2023, 09:16 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Thanks for the heads up! I feel for the football & basketball collectors - Panini straight out stinks and doesn't care about you guys.  Wonder what Fanatics has in store.  I get the feeling that they have seen that "cards" are not as profitable as they once were during the pandemic when most acted like drunks and the real money on them was made on the secondary market.
Facts

Thing with NBA and NFL is their seasons start late in the year so naturally a lot of those releases are going to roll over into the following year. But There is no excuse ever for a MLB card set to be released past the first of December ever.

I've tried maneuvering the Fanatics website and it's really confusing and cluttered with cards mixed in with the memorabilia.. They need to have a separate website just for MLB Trading cards separate from the clothing and memorabilia.

Plus the fact Fanatics is getting $119 for a hobby box of Heritage High Number where the other big online sellers are all in the $60-$70 range doesn't make me feel any better about box prices going forward. Cut out the middle man and you can set the price at what you want.

(01-18-2023, 04:00 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Thing with NBA and NFL is their seasons start late in the year so naturally a lot of those releases are going to roll over into the following year.  But There is no excuse ever for a MLB card set to be released past the first of December ever.

I've tried maneuvering the Fanatics website and it's really confusing and cluttered with cards mixed in with the memorabilia.. They need to have a separate website just for MLB Trading cards separate from the clothing and memorabilia.

Plus the fact Fanatics is getting $119 for a hobby box of Heritage High Number where the other big online sellers are all in the $60-$70 range doesn't make me feel any better about box prices going forward. Cut out the middle man and you can set the price at what you want.
Hoops used to come out before the season started or shortly after.

A company can only blame COVID and/or supply chain BS for so long, and then it just comes down to being lazy because they have a monopoly. 

Like I've been saying, you have to try really hard to care this little.