`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gzzz Topps!!

RE: Gzzz Topps!!
(09-18-2015, 07:50 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Not their fault that FF has a real consistent batter's stance, that's all
Looking closely, I believe three of those are the same photo, but that's Topps. Zero creativity. It's almost like their SPs: Numbered to 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, etc., and the only difference is the border color. If it's "rare" because it's the only one with an orange border, I don't care; if it's rare because it has a cooler photo than the base, I'm trading for it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(09-20-2015, 06:12 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: They are all the exact same picture.....just the cropping is different. It's rough on player and team collectors. My biggest gripe is with Topps using the same pictures across the different products each year. My Franco RC collection looks like one huge parallel set........

Great looking cards though...........
Supreme is a different bat barrel ... Different pic, same pose.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I mentioned this before in another thread.

I have a theory as to why Topps uses the same photo over and over. It takes time to PhotoShop out the background of a photo and isolate just the player. Once they've done this they can then take the image of the player and superimpose him over any photo/image/design. That is a lot quicker and easier than putting a second photo into PhotoShop and recreating the process. I think they are just lazy.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html