`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Someone please make me stop

Someone please make me stop
I bought two 2015 Topps Chrome jumbos and did pretty well. Then I started seeing guys post all these great pulls like colored Bryant autos and the likes so I keep buying blasters looking for mine. I have bought about ten blasters and each one is worse that the one before it. I have only pulled one auto and almost no color so you guys have to help me stop. Please.

RE: Someone please make me stop
(09-14-2015, 11:33 AM)cspen Wrote: I bought two 2015 Topps Chrome jumbos and did pretty well. Then I started seeing guys post all these great pulls like colored Bryant autos and the likes so I keep buying blasters looking for mine. I have bought about ten blasters and each one is worse that the one before it. I have only pulled one auto and almost no color so you guys have to help me stop. Please.
STOP IT RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!!!

How is that!!!

Blasters have worse odds obviously..but 10 blasters should have more good cards than you pulled...bad luck really...

Anytime im in the states i buy blasters like crazy as well, let me know if you manage to stop lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Save your receipts. The next time you get the urge to buy a blaster, take them out and see how much you've spent. This should work.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

Thanks guys!!

Or better yet, just NEVER walk into a Walmart or Target again! Cold Turkey is the only way. I just bought 2 more blasters after thinking I was DONE. I'm weak, my friend and I feel your pain. ( I managed to get a Trout Sepia and a Plaweki rookie auto, but that's no excuse for wasting money on a literal crap-shoot.)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

did you find the recipe for stopping so that you can share it with me??? lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Man, I feel lucky. I've purchased probably around 8-10 retail blasters over the last month and only a few were busts. I don't sell cards, but if I did, I would have broken even or made money on almost every blaster I purchased.

My advice to quitting is... unless there is a money issue, and it's an addiction to where your lights are about to get shut off because you can't pay the bill? Why quit at all? A lot of people talk about the value side of collecting but for me, that isn't the primary reason why I buy cards. The main reason I collect is just the joy of collecting. Buying blasters, hobby boxes and opening packs is a thrill in and of itself. If while opening something I get a huge hit? That just adds to the joy but it's definitely not the MAIN goal for me.

If you enjoy what you're doing, there's no need to stop unless again, you're having some sort of gambling addiction issues. I would just keep doing it and enjoy the hobby.

I have such a problem and can't stop that when I saw that this article...I wanted to see how bad these blasters were and well I did get a gold auto of swihart. But like someone said the only way is cold turkey. I go in the LCS sometimes just for supplies and before I know it I am talking, watching, and then ripping. If you have trouble with alcohol stay away from the bar...if you have trouble with cards than stay away from stores that sell cards. It is a real problem!

(09-16-2015, 10:50 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: did you find the recipe for stopping so that you can share it with me??? lol
+1