`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Do you want to see my set?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Heck Yeah! Rock on Dude!
91.43%
32 91.43%
Maybe but this is a baseball thread. Post it in the Misc. Forum (where no one will see it).
5.71%
2 5.71%
Nah! Not interested
2.86%
1 2.86%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OT: The Set I've Always Wanted

RE: OT: The Set I've Always Wanted
This has been such an amazing thread. Excited (yet also bummed) that you're down to one final pack! Thanks again for sharing this set. Fantastic job on the design, photos and write-ups. Truly hope that you are able to find a new job in the very near future and that you are able to get these works of art into cardboard form.

You should have a "Died to Early" tribute insert set! heh
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Thanks for all the kind words. The checklist was numbered and compiled before I designed and created the cards therefore none of the "requested" artists were added. Most that were requested eventually showed up in the "break". I hope you found the set entertaining, informative and appealing.

One last pack. #60.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Compared to pack 59 (loaded with Greats!) pack 60 was a bit anticlimactic, sorry to say. But thankfully, ABBA wasn't card #1!!!! And finally Chuck Berry (who's brother, Marvin Berry (& the Starlighters) helped develope that unique sound Smile ) makes it onto cardboard!
It was a fun ride, Zep! Thanks for sharing! I may not agree with everyone you included, and there were some that I thought were more worthy of immortality in your set, but that's the fun of any 'greatest list' ... The discussion & debate. It's fun to think about some of these musicians again, and in fact, it got me to dust off some old albums and CDs and give them a listen!
Much Appreciated!
Hopefully, one day, your set will see print and distribution. Although the headache will be in obtaining licensing from 600 different musicians/estates, and permission from 600 different photographers/estates .... But as they say, The Devil is in the details! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

BRAVO.......

Great pack to end with and Dimebag is an appropriate #1 IMO regardless of how it fell out. Again, thanks for sharing, I think the cards look great. It was fun thinking about all the various subsets (modeled after bb card subsets) that could be formulated. It's funny how a lot of us complain about the number of various cards produced in a year. Just using this 600 card set as an example, only 1 patch card, 1 relic card and 1 auto card per base turns this into a 2,400 card set. Add in parallels, SPs and numbered cards, this easily turns into a 10,000 card set to keep the various collector elements happy. Just a perspective.......

Now...lets figure out how to get this printed up............
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.