`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any card shops / shows in the Chicago area

Any card shops / shows in the Chicago area
JUst moved to the area and I am looking for someone who has knowledge of card shops in the area. Downtown or off of the L would be a plus
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

RE: Any card shops / shows in the Chicago area
There isn't a lot in the city itself. Most of the bigger shops are in the suburbs. The two I can think of in the city are pretty close to each other: Elite Sports Cards on Montrose (Montrose brown line stop I would think is closest) and Tim's Baseball Card shop (Western stop on the brown line). Both are relatively small, Tim's being the smaller of the two. Not a ton of variety and wax prices will be higher at both.

In the burbs there are multiple Baseball Card King shops that have better selection and pricing. There is also Chicagoland Sports Cards out in Buffalo Grove. I've never been to that one but I've heard good things. I go to Heroes on West Cermak in North Riverside because it is relatively close to my house and Chuck the owner is just a super nice guy. Their prices are a bit over internet prices as well but not as much as those in the city. There used to be a Baseball Card King shop right by Wrigley but it only lasted a year.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331