`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BLOWOUT Cards? No longer legit?

RE: BLOWOUT Cards? No longer legit?
mgruber2 Wrote:I'm looking to order some boxes and have ordered plenty of times from Blowout, as well as the other top sites. But I have been hearing rumors that Blowout may be searching their cases and selling off boxes after pulling the case hits. My question to the community is do you think there is any truth to this? I certainly don't want to be spending hundreds of dollars on boxes that I have no chance of getting a case hit! Your thoughts and input is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Odd's are Wrote:So I'm about $3k into Blowout over the last 2 years and have to admit that what I get from them blows(pun intended). They have great deals, but every box I order has the absolute worst hits. Obscure low end players when you hit a parallel and journeymen when you hit an auto. I don't know if it's possible to find out from serial #'s what boxes have what, but after purchasing thousands of dollars worth of cards from them it definitely feels as though its being done. I will continue collecting cards, but after this last $1K worth of ***** am done buying from B/O cards. Straight up sending me garbage and the odds are I'd have hit something decent by now...

Perhaps there are codes on the boxes that help indicate duplicate contents.  But, they mail the stuff on time to receive by release day, so how early would they have to get the product to take the time to do this?

Having said this, I still get nervous ordering single boxes with suspicion that sonething may be happening.

If you are not comfortable with ANY seller for ANYTHING than do not buy from them.

I go to the BLOWOUT FANTASTIC store all the time and purchase single boxes and have had great hits.  I trust them not to search the cases..or even boxes when selling single packs.  I have known places that do that (where I use to live in FLA) and they get found out and close up.

IE:  Just the other day I got a box of 2020 OPTIC baseball and selected the # 3 box off the shelf and it was a HOT BOX.  So if they searched cases..they either would have to have some product code or open cases until they got the hot box and then sell off the rest. 

Just like opening a box and getting "the hit" and then selling the other packs as if "the hit" was still there.

I had a guy tell me (might be bragging) they he opened 3 boxes of cards and got the AU out of each box and then combined the boxes and sold the packs as if the AU was still there.  This guy was not the owner, but was following his orders (so he said) and the store lasted a short time before being driven out.

Anyway.  I trust BLOWOUT..at least the store people.

I rarely buy hobby boxes anymore. But my LCS said they'll put a box out. After the box hit or autos and GUd have all been pulled, they'l get another box out and just combine the packs into 1 box. So you may have half a box from one box that's had all the hits pulled another the rest from another box that's had all the hits pulled. 

But if BO or D&A or anyone is doing that, it's shady as heck. And I would never buy from them.

crazyforkinsler5 Wrote:I rarely buy hobby boxes anymore. But my LCS said they'll put a box out. After the box hit or autos and GUd have all been pulled, they'l get another box out and just combine the packs into 1 box. So you may have half a box from one box that's had all the hits pulled another the rest from another box that's had all the hits pulled. 

But if BO or D&A or anyone is doing that, it's shady as heck. And I would never buy from them.
Back when we had a couple of LCS in the area, I almost never opened any packs from an open box specifically because of this.

I would either buy sealed boxes or singles ... who wants 24 dead packs?

(Unless you're just looking for base or PC)

I find it amusing that out of this entire thread, the only two posters who truly insinuated that BO did something shady with boxes/cases each only have one post in total out of all the Beckett forums, made their one post on the baseball forum, and each were talking about non-sports cards that they purchased.

The first poster created their account in Oct 2016, made their sole post in Oct 2016, and made their post one year and two months after the last post in the thread. I wasn't around then but I imagine these boards were hopping a lot more than they are now.

The second poster created their account in Jan 2019 and made their sole post in Jan 2020, four years after the last post in the thread.

Anyway, just an observation.

ricelynnevans75 Wrote:I find it amusing that out of this entire thread, the only two posters who truly insinuated that BO did something shady with boxes/cases each only have one post in total out of all the Beckett forums, made their one post on the baseball forum, and each were talking about non-sports cards that they purchased. 

The first poster created their account in Oct 2016, made their sole post in Oct 2016, and made their post one year and two months after the last post in the thread.  I wasn't around then but I imagine these boards were hopping a lot more than they are now.

The second poster created their account in Jan 2019 and made their sole post in Jan 2020, four years after the last post in the thread.

Anyway, just an observation.
I like it when people find old threads from like 2014 and comment on them.

My big question is, how in the hell do they find them?

lol
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)