`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$13 box of 2002 Upper deck minor league

$13 box of 2002 Upper deck minor league
Got this box for $13 delivered on eBay. After checking the checklist, I was pleasantly surprised. At worst, I was likely looking at some prospect base of stars (wright, cabrera, fielder, hamilton, mauer)...

There is 1 auto and 1 relic per box. There is actually a reasonable shot at a hamilton, mauer, or cabrera auto in there. Anyway...

Here is notable base:
[Image: 16A505AF-B1CC-4EF2-A3D3-AB91512ABF6C.jpg]
I was surprised that over half of the base in packs were nothing more than printed team mascot cards for the 1,000,000 minor league teams. Kind of annoying, but I really like the look of the actual player cards. Happy to hit the prince.

Here are the hits:
[Image: C8EBA1C7-B786-47A0-88EC-907C98188BF9.jpg]
Definitely lucked out on the relics. The Jordan is out of /1490 and is a 1:8 box hit. Happy to hit hamilton on the relic.

When I saw the auto, I thought it was a miggy at first lol.

All in all, a fun, cheap break
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: $13 box of 2002 Upper deck minor league
You got the wrong Garciaparra... didn't even know there was a Michael. At least Nomar would've been someone that people collect. I think. heh
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Maybe the Garciaparra auto is worth some major $ by association haha.

Awesome MJ and Hamilton! Definitely worth the money. I may have to try some older breaks myself!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(08-10-2015, 01:59 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Maybe the Garciaparra auto is worth some major $ by association haha.

Awesome MJ and Hamilton! Definitely worth the money. I may have to try some older breaks myself!
Haha. Yeah, he is nomar's underachieving brother... Former 1st rounder who do didnt even get a cup of coffee in the bigs.

Figured as long as I hit a few cool base cards of stars it would be worthwhile... The MJ and Hamilton were pluses and both actually sell quite well given that they are relics. The MJ around $30-35 I believe, and the hamilton more than typical modern relics.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

The Jordan relic is a great hit ... especially from a $13 box!
The cards are definitely a good looking set, too!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.