`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Raw Grading

BGS Raw Grading
So beckett came to LCS recently and I got a few cards raw graded. 6 cards, all were either 9's or 9.5's and a couple had 10's for the auto. I'm thinking next time if I'm willing to spend the money on doing the raw grade, I might as well pay a little more for the full slabbing.

Any suggestions or opinions on this?
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

RE: BGS Raw Grading
A friend of mine just RCR'd (raw card review) a few of mine at the national. It's a good way to get a sense of how things might grade, then if there's stuff you really want to get slabbed, you can do so knowing what the grade will be. If you want them slabbed regardless, then yes, skip step one.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I guess as long as you do a little pre-inspection first should be alright to slab them. If you don't want to fuss with the staring at your card under a loupe then the raw grade wouldn't be a bad idea.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Are raw grade's generally seen as equals in terms of value? For example, is a Raw Grade 9.5 going to bring as much value as a fully slabbed 9.5? My guess is probably not, but trying to get an idea how much less?
Thanks,
- Steve

(08-03-2015, 09:06 AM)sshissler Wrote: Are raw grade's generally seen as equals in terms of value? For example, is a Raw Grade 9.5 going to bring as much value as a fully slabbed 9.5? My guess is probably not, but trying to get an idea how much less?
Depends how rare or desirable the card is. If it's a super hot card, yes. If it's something you can buy easily already slabbed, no. Raw card reviews are funny. Yes it's been graded by Beckett so technically it's whatever they've graded it. But, if you don't send it out with them to be slabbed from a show they won't guarantee the grade if sent in at a later date. So, outside of trading you may be penalized if trying to sell the card.