`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best box break suggestions

best box break suggestions
Looking for some help on what the best football box would be to buy this year. I don't normally buy to many boxes but would be looking for what thoughts are. Trying to find the best value for the money.

RE: best box break suggestions
Best value in terms of:

Hits
Rookies/veterans
Resale potential
Trading potential
Autographs
Memorabilia
Unique design/printing techniques
Set building/team building/player collecting
Low/high price

Folks have many different motivations for box breaking and different goals lead to different selections. Personally I'd always wait for Topps Finest as I enjoy the set designs, reasonable return on hits for price, smaller insert sets, and parallels.

I usually buy a couple "value" boxes, meaning from a year or two ago lol. I try and find a product that I collect multiple players/rainbows from, so even if the hits aren't great, at least I have chances to add to my rainbows! I'm not sure that there is a "safe" hit box out there. I've seen junk coming from Contenders, Limited, Museum, and Exquisite. Supreme seems pretty safe if you can get a good deal on the boxes. Just a few thoughts from my experiences or watching others Smile Show off what you get!

When you say resale are you referring to resale of an unopened box or of the hits? Crown Royale was fun to open imo.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

I guess I would say reasonable return of hits for the price as that is the main reason I would say most people break boxes. I don't think you would break boxes chasing a specific player but more to get some nice cards to either keep or trade. I am not a set collector so I don't break for that reason.

(07-29-2015, 08:29 PM)jplarson Wrote: Best value in terms of:

Hits
Rookies/veterans
Resale potential
Trading potential
Autographs
Memorabilia
Unique design/printing techniques
Set building/team building/player collecting
Low/high price

Folks have many different motivations for box breaking and different goals lead to different selections. Personally I'd always wait for Topps Finest as I enjoy the set designs, reasonable return on hits for price, smaller insert sets, and parallels.

Clear Vision is a nice looking set and as I understand it the first product this year to show rookies in their NFL jerseys. If autographs are your goal then look elsewhere as the odds are too low per box. For $60 though you'll wind up with some nice trade material in my option.

Otherwise probably best to wait for more product to hit the market. With this being Topps last year, I would hope they pull out all the stop and we see some nice options but they could also mail it in. I'd bet Panini Prizm looks good again.