`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Retail King Announces Retirement After This Awesome Walk-Off Pull!

RE: The Retail King Announces Retirement After This Awesome Walk-Off Pull!
(07-29-2015, 06:57 PM)aprirr Wrote: That is one heck of a great pull, RJ! Then again, you aren't called the Retail King for nothing!
Thank you my good man ... it has been a good run of Bryants for me. If only he could hike up that .249 average, LOL
(07-29-2015, 10:50 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Long Live The Retail King!
What an awesome retail Hit, RJ! Congrats!
Maybe after I pulled my Bryant Redemption in 2014 Bowman, that should have heralded my retail retirement? Retail hasn't been worthwhile in a long while. It was downhill ever since.

As far as beer ... Last summer I was totally enjoying Leinenkugel Summer Shandy and Lucky Buddah Beer. The first was an amazing hot summer day Thirst Quencher while the latter was the beer that just tasted great with food of any cuisine. Currently, I'm obstaining from alcohol until I can once again afford to lose brain cells. Until that time, I will have to live vicariously, while preserving the few synapses that are still functioning. Smile
Stay thirsty, my friend! Smile
Did you get the redemption? Would love to see a scan!

And yes, thank you for all the beer suggestions. I will take them up one by one!

Hoping he didn't get a concussion yesterday!

(07-30-2015, 10:10 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Thank you my good man ... it has been a good run of Bryants for me. If only he could hike up that .249 average, LOL

Did you get the redemption? Would love to see a scan!
And yes, thank you for all the beer suggestions. I will take them up one by one!
Sorry, didn't see your request .... Here's the redemption I received!
[Image: 79D06A57-E265-4BB1-A9C4-21380706F874_zpsycl2h6yl.jpg]
It's not listed anywhere in the OPG. It's a paper, not chrome. Its not numbered and It wasn't the lucky redemption, either. Strange.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-07-2015, 09:22 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Sorry, didn't see your request .... Here's the redemption I received!
[Image: 79D06A57-E265-4BB1-A9C4-21380706F874_zpsycl2h6yl.jpg]
It's not listed anywhere in the OPG. It's a paper, not chrome. Its not numbered and It wasn't the lucky redemption, either. Strange.
That is pretty sweet, Doc! Can't beat on-card!

The elusive retail ssp...

That Elite Bryant is sweet! Congrats on the great retail run!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(08-07-2015, 06:55 PM)demondukk Wrote: That Elite Bryant is sweet! Congrats on the great retail run!
Thank you.

(08-07-2015, 06:08 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: The elusive retail ssp...
Yeah, I hardly see them (2014 Bowman Bryant Retail SSP) and they're not in Beckett. There's a Graded one up on eBay for about 1200. There's no other sales or purchases on eBay. Anything on COMC?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RJ....that was one awesome hit. Congrats (sorry for the delay in posting)! I was lucky to pull the Bryant lucky redemption in 2014 as well as a #/25 auto from '16 GQ, but unlike the "retail king", both of mine were out of hobby and in all honesty, yours looks a lot better. Enjoy and way to go out on top! (who are you kidding.....your gonna hit that store on your afternoon walks for a pack (or 5) every now and then). LOL

Keep in touch with us all.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-20-2016, 07:52 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: RJ....that was one awesome hit. Congrats (sorry for the delay in posting)! I was lucky to pull the Bryant lucky redemption in 2014 as well as a #/25 auto from '16 GQ, but unlike the "retail king", both of mine were out of hobby and in all honesty, yours looks a lot better. Enjoy and way to go out on top! (who are you kidding.....your gonna hit that store on your afternoon walks for a pack (or 5) every now and then). LOL

Keep in touch with us all.
Hey Joe,
Its Deja vu all over again. Smile
I started reading the thread, and it seemed very, VERY familiar and then saw that I replied to RJ's incredible pull ... almost a year ago. LOL ... But then again, a year ago, you kinda had your hands full and more important stuff to deal with.

RJ pretty much has kept his word. He's been in touch here frequently, and he hasn't really been hitting any retail (as much as I recall)