`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same autos in 2 different boxes of Stadium Club

Same autos in 2 different boxes of Stadium Club
You know, it sure does suck when you order a 3rd box of Stadium Club and the 2 autos you pull are the same 2 that were in one of my earlier 2 boxes I bought. And what's worse, they're nobodies (at least to me). The only auto I pulled that I knew was Cliff Floyd.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Stadium Club cards and always have. But I hate the insert (and auto) collation. I mean really, what are the odds out of the whole Stadium Club run of boxes) that somebody gets 2 boxes with the exact same autographs. Have any of you pulled the same 2 autos out of 2 different boxes?????

Ok I'm all right now, finished venting.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Same autos in 2 different boxes of Stadium Club
Sucks bro! Sorry to hear that!
I agree, that collation needs to be MUCH better!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(07-08-2015, 08:00 PM)bamyanks Wrote: You know, it sure does suck when you order a 3rd box of Stadium Club and the 2 autos you pull are the same 2 that were in one of my earlier 2 boxes I bought.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Stadium Club cards and always have. But I hate the insert (and auto) collation. I mean really, what are the odds out of the whole Stadium Club run of boxes) that somebody gets 2 boxes with the exact same autographs. Have any of you pulled the same 2 autos out of 2 different boxes?????
Happened to me with 2014 Elite Extra Edition Retail blasters ($30@) ... THREE times at THREE different Targets. (Victor Arano /799 & Daniel Mengden /799) Really sucks! Oh, and twice with Turkey Red, but that was only one auto per box ... Not nearly as inconceivable.Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sorry that happened to you! I pulled a few packs of 2015 chipz from walmart that were the exact same ones but never autos.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I had the same thing happen to me last year with Stadium Club. Bought one box at my LCS and one online. Same three autos in each one.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

I know going into Stadium Club that there was probably going to be ten million autos of the Brandon Finnegan, Dilson Herrera, and Daniel Norris. But I was buying it to complete the set. It's what the hobby has come to. Every product has the same set of autos so all you are look at is the design. Topps and Panini are really bringing the hobby down with the lack of quality and value.

Imagine if each product had different set of players signing. Then the ten million Brandon Finnegan autos might be worth something. Atleast the box was reasonable priced. Imagine how collectors feel when pulling a Dice K auto out of a $400 box as a hit.

I've given up on collecting all year or getting into breaks and now just buy boxes that I want to complete the set. While knowing I will 90% of the time be pissed at the hits. It's been more fun and cheaper for me. Skipped all the generic products that keep coming out. It's hard to move on from focusing on the hits but it's worked for me.

Topps is especially bad. I recently bought all 9 blasters of Series 2 they had at Target, trying to pull a Bryant.

I got one. But I did get four Yasmany Thomases and four Jung Ho Kangs.

It's like they don't understand the concept that the same person might actually open more than one box at a time!

Sorry to hear about the autos.

(07-09-2015, 10:01 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Topps is especially bad. I recently bought all 9 blasters of Series 2 they had at Target, trying to pull a Bryant.

I got one. But I did get four Yasmany Thomases and four Jung Ho Kangs.

It's like they don't understand the concept that the same person might actually open more than one box at a time!

Sorry to hear about the autos.
And that's the big point to me, I try to do the sets, and a person needs to open more than one box to have a chance at finishing the set, and then seeing the same autos, some of the same inserts does not sit well with me. I don't know how many George Brett inserts I pulled out of Panini a year ago (least I think it was last year, 1 year of Panini for sure).
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]