`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Tiffany?

Topps Tiffany?
I have been having a big problem identifying Topps Tiffany cards compared to the normal sets. I originally thought the main difference was the white card stock for the Tiffanys and a more cardboard looking stock for the normals. I just recently read, though, that you tell the difference by the stars at the bottom of the card on the back. 2 stars are the normal set and no stars are the Tiffany cards? A lot of my cards in my org I marked as Tiffanys because they have a white stock but they all have stars at the bottom of them, so I am kind of in a pickle.

I also know about the glossy finish but HOW glossy? Like the cards that are made today?

I may be overthinking something that is really simple but I just want to make sure I'm not sending out the wrong cards in a trade.

Thanks
[Image: Carlos-Gonzalez-Desktop-Wallpaper-700x39...faada7.jpg]

RE: Topps Tiffany?
The glossy finish is the easiest way to tell them apart. Get a vintage card and look at it and feel the front, it will be somewhat rough. The Tiffany versions are very smooth and have a light glossy finish to them.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

White backs, glossy finish and a thicker more sturdy card stock.

Non tiffany Cards from the traded sets also have white backs.

Keep in mind that 91 traded non tiffany cards cone with dark or white backs.

It's all about the gloss

(07-07-2015, 07:44 PM)bbcgalaxee Wrote: Non tiffany Cards from the traded sets also have white backs.

Keep in mind that 91 traded non tiffany cards cone with dark or white backs.

It's all about the gloss
A bunch of traded sets do.

Ya, I was confused over the 1988 Topps Traded set because they have the bright orange back but I guess they aren't as glossy on the front as the tiffany.