`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK another question

OK another question
Until I break down and buy my 2-4 hobby or jumbo boxes, I am thinking about buying a blaster. I am looking primarily for Bryant rc's. Would I be better off buying Topps sreies two or Stadium Club?

RE: OK another question
Better odds on series two.

(07-01-2015, 03:45 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Better odds on series two.
Thanks

I don't know, it took me nine blasters of Series 2 (!) to get a Bryant, and four of Stadium Club.

But luckily I pulled a crap ton of Lou Brock inserts, so I was glad I had to buy nine blasters for the Bryant.

(Sorry, that was sarcastic. But seriously ... Topps, it's time to shelve the value-less inserts of the same old retired players. I have enough Steve Carlton and Brooks Robinson inserts from the last 5 years to wallpaper my house. Nobody wants to buy them, and nobody wants to trade for them.)

OK, rant over.

But the previous poster is correct.

Here's the math ... I believe Series 2 blasters are 10 packs, 10 cards each, so 100 cards per blaster. At 349 base cards in the set, and assuming perfect collation (which is never true) you're looking at a little over four blasters at most until you should hit a Bryant.

For Stadium Club, eight packs, five cards per, 300 in the base set, so you're looking at about eight blasters to pull a Bryant.

Again, assuming perfect collation (i.e., different cards in every box) ... and not counting all the inserts ... and, disregarding the off chance of buying one blaster and getting what you want.

Went to Wally world tonight with my wife. Bought a topps series 2 blaster and a stadium club blaster. Had a Bryant in both blasters. I guess my wife brought me good Karma !!!!