`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sweet two blaster boxes of 2015 Stadium Club

A sweet two blaster boxes of 2015 Stadium Club
I actually busted these on Tuesday, but didn't have time to post until today. Technically, that's a day before release day so I was surprised to see Target had already stocked the boxes.

First off, the base cards are absolutely gorgeous! They are around 2x thicker than last years Stadium Club, so that should kind of help with chipping, and the photography is even better than last year IMO. Here's a few of my favorites:
[Image: 10318d43-19d4-45ba-b90b-65093ee18097_zps0n94i4zn.jpg]
[Image: IMG_23631_zpsnntsrmfv.jpg]
[Image: 98aa9da4-3944-4b57-a32e-0c77fdff4bb0_zpstbwc6rb6.jpg]
Now, onto the inserts. I did hit a very nice one, in the Roger Clemens True Color Refractor, which seem to be selling well. The Refractors are one in four hobby boxes, and one in sixteen blasters. I like the Triumvirates too, but I got the least rare of the three versions. I pulled four golds: Ron Gant, Alfredo Simon, Greg Maddux (awesome picture!), and Jacob DeGrom. The only thing I didn't like was the contact sheet inserts. I think the design could have been better, but with that being the only bad part I love this product! Here are the pics:
Clemens Refractor:
[Image: 6a5d77d2-1912-48d7-8574-44d10a2671bb_zpstmgvy9eu.jpg]
Wheeler Triumvirate:
[Image: 95b784ec-65a9-42d4-b315-e91a9433e0ae_zpsfpcmh18u.jpg]
Maddux and DeGrom gold:
[Image: IMG_23611_zps2mkpysor.jpg]
Contact Sheets (Blah IMO)
[Image: IMG_23591_zps1vptdh9x.jpg]
Here's the odds per pack in a blaster:
[Image: IMG_23671_zpspqk9d5k7.jpg]

All in all this was a very fun break, with an awesome cards galore. I am definitely going to buy more, whether it is more blasters or a hobby box I don't know yet. Everything will be marked FT once pricing comes out. Thanks for the look!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

RE: A sweet two blaster boxes of 2015 Stadium Club
stadium club is in blasters now?

(06-24-2015, 04:19 PM)rentzington Wrote: stadium club is in blasters now?
Yeah they decided to put out retail this year and they changed hobby format too

I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige

I'm thinking of just doing retail because all I really want is the set. Thanks for putting the odds up, it really helps. It's one of the few sets that I don't give a hoot what auto I get. Finally I get a decent set with great photography instead of the zoomed in cut-out of the player that's all chromed or tie-dyed.

I think this will be the only product this year that will hold or go up in value by the end of the year. IMO LCS are losing big time because all these manufactures are putting out junk that don't hold there value, so the LCS it left holding these pieces of junk and taking the lose.

Blasters are $20 the Hobby Boxes are around $65. Trust me doing hobby is best bang for your bucks. You get 2 autos in hobby, you buy 3 blasters and you get nothing.

(06-25-2015, 09:05 AM)once78 Wrote: Blasters are $20 the Hobby Boxes are around $65. Trust me doing hobby is best bang for your bucks. You get 2 autos in hobby, you buy 3 blasters and you get nothing.
Yeah, I bought one blaster and I'm kinda done. Got a gold Matt Holiday and Cespedes. Got a base Kris Bryant and David Wright contact sheet. Not bad, not great, just okay. No other inserts, which would have been nice. I haven't checked for any variant cards ... So maybe better than I thought?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Really? They couldn't find a picture of Maddux in a baseball uni?

(06-26-2015, 12:38 AM)mgruber2 Wrote: Really? They couldn't find a picture of Maddux in a baseball uni?
I really think that it is a neat looking card, but I get where you are coming from.