`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case in point ... 2015 Bowman retail (2 more autos) UPDATE my first Bowman Plate

RE: Case in point ... 2015 Bowman retail
(05-21-2015, 11:23 AM)rentzington Wrote: yeah bowman's not what it used to be, 2012 i bought a case of bowman chrome and there was lots of color refractors and decent auto's
but i also think they watered down the color variations with so many now, i'd prefer if it went back to blue gold red xfractor orange purple green and superfractors
now you have black and yellow and bluewave and red wave and color paper cards.
It's true, much harder keeping all the color variations straight.
BTW: just bought 2 hanger packs, 1 bowman, 1 Gypsy Queen
GQ was garbage, but another Bowman Auto: Fransico Mijia /499
[Image: 7DA1DAB4-1742-4554-A1B5-8455FCD26669_zpsndknhtol.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I keep nailing autos too. I must have 20+ autos from retail. So much that I am getting dupes

(05-22-2015, 10:47 PM)dyermaker81 Wrote: I keep nailing autos too. I must have 20+ autos from retail. So much that I am getting dupes
That's a great problem to have Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

2 more retail hangers ... $20 Better than my $120 jumbo box !!
[Image: C2FD53FB-2428-4383-8B9C-464ABFCCAA4E_zps7aymncho.jpg]
I got 2 autos, one in each.
Green Chris Sale paper /99
Yellow Gary Sanchez
Purple Steven Farinaro auto /250
Green chrome auto Drew Ward /99

RE: Case in point ... 2015 Bowman retail (2 more autos)
Bought another 2 hangers, got another auto. This time a duplicate francisco mejia base auto. No big hits from Bowman so far, but some medium and a bunch of lesser autos are better than nothing.

i think you guys are hogging all the auto's! i've gotten 0 out of maybe 4 hangars no great hits either other than a /5 red paper of a guy i'd never heard of out of a 9.99 walmart hanging box

(05-29-2015, 07:54 AM)rentzington Wrote: i think you guys are hogging all the auto's! i've gotten 0 out of maybe 4 hangars no great hits either other than a /5 red paper of a guy i'd never heard of out of a 9.99 walmart hanging box
I'd say that I'm probably averaging 1 out of 4 overall. I've bought 1 or 2 here or there with nothing special, but my last 4, I got 3 autos. I figure it's payback for me spending $120 and getting 3 with no color, now I spent $40 to get three more. I'm averaging down. Smile $160 for 6 autos with some color .... Sounds like a deal Smile

BTW: with bowman, I rarely know any names. Except for Bryant, Refsynder and Severino, I don't think anyone else was on my radar.

(05-29-2015, 08:56 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'd say that I'm probably averaging 1 out of 4 overall. I've bought 1 or 2 here or there with nothing special, but my last 4, I got 3 autos. I figure it's payback for me spending $120 and getting 3 with no color, now I spent $40 to get three more. I'm averaging down. Smile $160 for 6 autos with some color .... Sounds like a deal Smile

BTW: with bowman, I rarely know any names. Except for Bryant, Refsynder and Severino, I don't think anyone else was on my radar.
i'm typically fairly up to date on prospects which is why i used to like bowman's product so much.

thankfully this guy is with the mets so it sold pretty quick even though he's not a huge prospect.

Okay, 2 more hanger packs .... Actually the last 2 at my local Target .... And I got my first Bowman Chrome printing plate. Wes Parsons of the Atlanta Braves Black 1/1 (FT) ... A Mike Yastrzemski blue paper /250 and a Bryant paper base.
Not bad, IMO.
[Image: E49BCBFD-6F7B-4F92-9D00-32933694FFEC_zpskmwfopqc.jpg]

RE: Case in point ... 2015 Bowman retail (2 more autos) UPDATE my first Bowman Plate
Against my better judgement I bought the last two hangars at target, pretty much a bust ...think I'm done with these