• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone seen these before?

Anyone seen these before?
69 of course. Bit have ya seen them?
[Image: F88E9DCB-823A-4D3C-88A7-8267044ADEFC_zpskz7ruq2z.jpg]
[Image: 3EA0EC47-C4CD-47A7-9FAB-38ADC1DFE302_zpssphtwchb.jpg]
[Image: 7A3000E3-9911-4218-A903-BE3B833848D2_zps7jtaisvz.jpg]

RE: Anyone seen these before?
Looks like someone stuck the decals on the regular cards. The smaller decals are listed in the OPG.

It looks to me that someone took some 1969 Topps Decals and pasted them on the corresponding players card. Here is the Mclain from the decal set:
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1969/top...in-3717080
[Image: front.jpg]

On your close up of the Oliva you can see surrounding the smaller insert a clear film, probably the outside see through part of the decal.
EDIT: David Campos seems to be a slightly faster typer than me Smile.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(05-18-2015, 08:41 PM)david campos Wrote: Looks like someone stuck the decals on the regular cards. The smaller decals are listed in the OPG.
Exactly what it looks like to me.
And my younger self is jealous that I never thought about doing that back in the day. Great idea and I would still heve them today. Instead, I just put my decals on my school book covers to 'dress them up' a bit ... And now they're in some landfill in Staten Island or something Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Those are really cool looking!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Ok thanks guys. Someone had them and was gonna try and get them.

That looks cool but unfortunately lowers the grade tremendously on both the decals and the cards.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html