`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autos hold same value???

Autos hold same value???
So I'm going to the Angels game tonight. I was thinking about taking one of my Trout base cards with me and try and get an auto from Trout onto the card. First of all, are they allowed to do that? And second, if they are allowed then would it hold the same value as a Topps certified auto? Probably need to get the auto authenticated of course but other than that idk. It would be for PC anyway but just a question.

[Image: banner_zpsn8lxnr05.jpg]

All Angels!!!

RE: Autos hold same value???
if it gets JSA certified, could get u some money on the bay. and as far as getting the auto of Trout, from what ive heard and seen, unless your a kid, good luck. but u never know.

It won't have the same value as a certified autograph that was inserted in packs. However if you get the autograph certified by PSA/JSA then it will have much higher value than without the certification. That being said, I am not sure what they charge for certifying a Mike Trout auto, but I do know that there are some players that they charge more for than the cost of just buying a pack inserted autograph of that player. Personally if I were to try and get a players auto at a game and want to maximize the value, I would try to get them to sign a baseball or jersey.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I'm with djohn. It will hold some value if certified, but nowhere near the value of a card released by Topps or Panini. It's the chase of the pack opened auto's that drives the price. Most people will buy box after box trying to get an auto of player X. It's the thrill of the chase because they know the card exists, and they want that specific card. While I have no issues with in person auto's what so ever, your taking an existing card (usually base card) and having it signed after market which isn't as appealing to most collectors.

Gotcha. Yeah if I can get his auto on a card it would go in my PC.

All Angels!!!

Good luck on getting him to sign, nothing is impossible but I imagine everyone trying to get one and him only signing just a few if he wants to.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I can tell you, from what I saw during spring training, he's very hard to get close to. I also heard that he wasn't signing cards, only balls, bats, jersey ETC because of a Topps exclusivity thing. Or, something like that.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

Good luck with whatever you decide to get signed. One of my favorite part of going to games as a kid was getting an auto from my favorite players.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Didn't get a player auto Sad but I got two balls autographed by Jose Mota and my wife got a pic with him! Super cool guy. Very friendly and want in a rush. I'll post the pics when I get home or tomorrow.

All Angels!!!

Did somebody say ... BGS Trout IP auto?

[Image: PweegTrout_zpsba94ba54.jpg]