Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
14'15 Panini Immaculate Catastrophe.
Thumbs Down 
14'15 Panini Immaculate Catastrophe.
Sticker autographs, Panini? Really? WTG.....way-to-go! A $530 box product with sticker autographs.

I would bring Panini up on charges of felony to the Basketball Card Gods if I could.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

RE: 14'15 Panini Immaculate Catastrophe.
They sure do know how to kill good products. The breaks I've seen have been pretty horrific.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

I've also noticed in box breaks the overload of basic jersey cards they have in this product.

Also, I've NEVER heard of Adrian Smith until 14'15 Panini Immaculate Catastrophe was released. And mind you the autos I have seen of him were all stickers! Who in the world is Adrian Smith and why is he in a $530 product for basketball?

Another AWFUL thing I've noticed in box breaks of this is how nearly ALMOST every card I've seen pulled has SOME sort of damage to the card. Be it white corners/dents or random indentations on the card which were pointed out by the box breaker.

And if that isn't enough for you....

points..... POINTS! How would you like to spend $530 on a box of this and pull a 600 "POINTS" card?

What a JOKE.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(05-07-2015, 09:31 AM)vgqv Wrote: And if that isn't enough for you....

points..... POINTS! How would you like to spend $530 on a box of this and pull a 600 "POINTS" card?

What a JOKE.
Where you need to add more money (S&H) to actually get a card, right?

(05-07-2015, 10:18 AM)Caffrey Wrote: Where you need to add more money (S&H) to actually get a card, right?
Is that right? I've never had a points card before. If that's true, that is asinine. Did we pay S&H for redemption cards? WTH?

I've said it once, and i'll say it again, "immaculate is NOT immaculate!" seems like every high end product, no matter the company, still cannot put out a product that is NOT flawless, not even flawless was flawless. I know it's partially the card stock, partially the signers (if the card is given to them and not on sticker), but if you're paying that much for your high end product, PLEEEEEASSE, could you just put them in top loaders at least?!

and yes, it made me even sicker that one of my cards was replaced by a POINTS card...900 points doesn't mean much to someone who doesn't use their system.

I feel you man!!

(05-07-2015, 09:31 AM)vgqv Wrote: Another AWFUL thing I've noticed in box breaks of this is how nearly ALMOST every card I've seen pulled has SOME sort of damage to the card. Be it white corners/dents or random indentations on the card which were pointed out by the box breaker.

And if that isn't enough for you....

(05-07-2015, 10:31 AM)vgqv Wrote: Is that right? I've never had a points card before. If that's true, that is asinine. Did we pay S&H for redemption cards? WTH?
Unless they changed things after this
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-156...age-1.html

(05-07-2015, 03:14 AM)vgqv Wrote: Sticker autographs, Panini? Really? WTG.....way-to-go! A $530 box product with sticker autographs.

I would bring Panini up on charges of felony to the Basketball Card Gods if I could.
For what it's worth, they are only $530 a box because of distributors/retailers, at preorder, prices were $350 at first. Also the INK set last year was sticker autos so it's not much of a shocker. I'm not a fan of sticker autos but I can live with one IMmaculate set having stickers. It could be worse, they could have gone the U.D. route and loaded up with manufactured patches. Anyone remember UD Black. I think it was 07-08 that was $125 per one card pack. Can you imagine paying $125 for a one card pack and pulling a $10 manufactured patch/auto. Now that is a catastrophe. I don't think Panini could ever top that.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

totally agree with the whole manufactured patch stuff...but don't you have some in your banner? just kiddn'!

(05-11-2015, 04:08 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: ...could be worse, they could have gone the U.D. route and loaded up with manufactured patches. Anyone remember UD Black. I think it was 07-08 that was $125 per one card pack. Can you imagine paying $125 for a one card pack and pulling a $10 manufactured patch/auto. Now that is a catastrophe. I don't think Panini could ever top that.

(05-11-2015, 04:08 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: For what it's worth, they are only $530 a box because of distributors/retailers, at preorder, prices were $350 at first. Also the INK set last year was sticker autos so it's not much of a shocker. I'm not a fan of sticker autos but I can live with one IMmaculate set having stickers. It could be worse, they could have gone the U.D. route and loaded up with manufactured patches. Anyone remember UD Black. I think it was 07-08 that was $125 per one card pack. Can you imagine paying $125 for a one card pack and pulling a $10 manufactured patch/auto. Now that is a catastrophe. I don't think Panini could ever top that.
Yes, I could imagine buying a box of UD Black and having the chance to pull a MJ or LeBron patch auto! That was the gamble. Its been so long ago. But I do remember Panini using manufactured patches (those team logo ones) throughout their products and even in their "high-end" National Treasures.

Panini is as guilty as UD, tbarn. They're worse than UD, IMHO. To each their own.
(05-12-2015, 05:57 PM)kstjst48 Wrote: totally agree with the whole manufactured patch stuff...but don't you have some in your banner? just kiddn'!
As they say in baseball when a batter draws a walk, "good eye". I never noticed this about his sig, haha.