`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Alex Rodriguez ties Willie Mays

RE: Alex Rodriguez ties Willie Mays
(05-01-2015, 09:00 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: You don't even have to bring up the steroids/lying to find proof he's a *****.

And the sissy slap of Arroyo's glove in '04. I don't care about the 'roids as much as he's just a d***.

Steroids= loss of all respect from me.

Also, even if not caught with drugs, A-Fraud would still be the biggest jack-a** in baseball.
So glad that Boston trade fell through a while ago.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

$ 6 million = Cha-Ching!
Yankees get what they paid for!
660 is still 660// I'm over this one cheated this way, but this guy cheated this way, so that was ok, and this guy over here we don't know if he cheated, but we are going to hate him anyway! Juiced pitchers throwing to juiced batters and everybody!!! made money, MLB knew exactly what was going on, and so did the fans... nobody cared until it became popular to care. Hope he gets his 6 million.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(05-02-2015, 10:20 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: $ 6 million = Cha-Ching!
660 is still 660// I'm over this one cheated this way, but this guy cheated this way, so that was ok, and this guy over here we don't know if he cheated, but we are going to hate him anyway! Juiced pitchers throwing to juiced batters and everybody!!! made money, MLB knew exactly what was going on, and so did the fans... nobody cared until it became popular to care. Hope he gets his 6 million.
He is not getting them, Cashman talked about it today. I dont think they would affect his bank account much either.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-02-2015, 10:20 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: $ 6 million = Cha-Ching!
Speaking for myself, I did care and I have always cared. I was born in the 80's and grew up watching the bash brothers in their glory. It was impressive. I was a little to young to really understand what steroids really did or meant but I knew they were wrong when they became prevalent in baseball. I couldn't understand why someone would cheat the game and the fans. Even as a kid I detested the steroid guys (which was pretty much everyone back then). I grew up respecting the game and the gentlemen who made it what it was.

I guess I'll be the lone-guy on the block to defined A-Rod. Steroids or not the man hit 660 homeruns point blank. Yeah yeah he lied he did this he did that. The Yankees as well as the Rangers both signed him to insane deals throughout his entire career. Don't fault the man because he was the best on the juice. I have a laundry list of player that I believe took some type of steriod throughout the careers and we still praise these guys. It was the thing in the 80s and 90s everyone knew and MLB did nothing to stop anything. It was probably going on long before that as well... No one knows only those who played the game and took it.

I will continue to support all these guys. every time these post come up it brings me back to the strike of 1994. Us as fans were feed up and wanted nothing to do with baseball. Until the magically season of 1998 when McGwire and Sosa chased the single season all time hr record. You can call the record tainted you can call it whatever you want. MLB got paid, media got paid, small business got paid the money was flowing like water and no one cared. So why scrolled these guys now. If it was such a big deal MLB should of done something about it then not 10-15 years later.

Instead of calling them cheats and not HOF worthy. We should take a step back and thank them, because these are the players who put us back in the stands. I can't fault them for doing what they did. Was it wrong, maybe to a certain degree but ever since baseball became a game everyone has always tried to get an edge. I don't know what players did in the 50 and 60s nor do I care. I love this game and will always love this game.

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

All I care about is that the homer helped beat the Red Sox.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(05-03-2015, 06:51 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: I guess I'll be the lone-guy on the block to defined A-Rod. Steroids or not the man hit 660 homeruns point blank. Yeah yeah he lied he did this he did that. The Yankees as well as the Rangers both signed him to insane deals throughout his entire career. Don't fault the man because he was the best on the juice. I have a laundry list of player that I believe took some type of steriod throughout the careers and we still praise these guys. It was the thing in the 80s and 90s everyone knew and MLB did nothing to stop anything. It was probably going on long before that as well... No one knows only those who played the game and took it.

I will continue to support all these guys. every time these post come up it brings me back to the strike of 1994. Us as fans were feed up and wanted nothing to do with baseball. Until the magically season of 1998 when McGwire and Sosa chased the single season all time hr record. You can call the record tainted you can call it whatever you want. MLB got paid, media got paid, small business got paid the money was flowing like water and no one cared. So why scrolled these guys now. If it was such a big deal MLB should of done something about it then not 10-15 years later.

Instead of calling them cheats and not HOF worthy. We should take a step back and thank them, because these are the players who put us back in the stands. I can't fault them for doing what they did. Was it wrong, maybe to a certain degree but ever since baseball became a game everyone has always tried to get an edge. I don't know what players did in the 50 and 60s nor do I care. I love this game and will always love this game.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The MLB is a business and only wants what's best for them. They will ride what ever money train they can, for as long as they can and then bail pointing the finger at everyone else. Their beliefs and moral standards are in no way shape or form related to the fans or the Hall of Fame. The fans are the true measure of right and wrong, hall of fame worthy or not. Because the MLB turned their back (for a short time) on steroid use you want to rationalize it away as everyone else should? It is illegal, on the field and off. Not only did dip shits like Arod do it, but when they finally told them to stop, they kept doing it. And lied about it. And then tried to drag others down with them. And then lied some more. The exec's in the MLB front office do not dictate my moral compass. Their's is money driven, mine's right and wrong. The argument that everyone else is doing it reminds me of a child being caught doing drugs by his parents. It's still wrong and it's still illegal and there's consequences when you get caught.

So in what year did MLB come out and say steroids was banned from the game? I'm like rad_1205 in that I quit baseball and collecting in 94 and didn't come back until 2006 when Albert Pujols was Mr. MVP.

I think it is just part of the era and has to be accepted along with the numbers. I consider it cheating now just like a corked bat and a pitcher doctoring the ball.

Speaking of which didn't Gaylord Perry get in the HOF with dortoring the ball? We don't rip him or the stats he put up.

(05-03-2015, 07:33 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: All I care about is that the homer helped beat the Red Sox.........
HEY!!! Don't start talkin' crazy.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html