`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: How should I sell the cards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
As a complete set
20.00%
1 20.00%
Individually
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Fire Jumbo Sets

Topps Fire Jumbo Sets
I decided to get one of each of the Topps Fire 5x7 jumbo sets from Topps.com. The sets arrived yesterday, and I got serial number 02/99 for the Ring of Fire and the Out of This World Rookies sets, however I got serial number 01/99 for the Competitive Fire set.

[Image: 20150406_203045_zps7t9erpsi.jpg]

I was originally planning on pulling a couple cards I wanted for my PC and selling the rest of the cards individually, however I was wondering if it might be better to try and sell the set as a whole since it's the first serial numbered set. I know some people pay a premium for the first serial number for cards. Personally, it doesn't matter to me, but I know some people call these "ebay 1/1s".
My question is what people think is a better idea: sell the set as a complete set or sell the cards individually?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Topps Fire Jumbo Sets
I would say pull out your PC cards and sell the rest. You'd probably get more for the individual cards that actually sell versus trying to sell as a set.... But, that's my opinion....

I say part it out but take it as a partisan view of someone hoping to pick up the Bears singles from those sets Smile

(04-07-2015, 06:42 PM)jplarson Wrote: I say part it out but take it as a partisan view of someone hoping to pick up the Bears singles from those sets Smile
That was actually one of the reasons I asked...I wanted to see if there was any interest from people in the singles. I really don't want to break the set and only be able to sell a couple cards from the set. I am hoping there are quite a few people that don't want to spend the money for the complete set when they only want 1 or 2 cards from the set. Hopefully I get some more opinions soon, so I can decide what to do.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

I'd definitely be interested in the Packers if you do end up splitting it up and the price is right Smile

(04-07-2015, 08:51 PM)bojesphob Wrote: I'd definitely be interested in the Packers if you do end up splitting it up and the price is right Smile
The Aaron Rodgers/Jordy Nelson would definitely be available if I split that set. Not so sure if I want to sell the Favre/Rodgers or Favre/Manziel cards though. I do know that I will be splitting up the other sets, so the Davante Adams card from Out of This World Rookies and the Favre from Ring of Fire will also be available. Right now I am waiting to get more 5x7 top loaders before I start listing any of them for sale.

Id take the marinos
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(04-07-2015, 10:41 PM)djohn Wrote: The Aaron Rodgers/Jordy Nelson would definitely be available if I split that set. Not so sure if I want to sell the Favre/Rodgers or Favre/Manziel cards though. I do know that I will be splitting up the other sets, so the Davante Adams card from Out of This World Rookies and the Favre from Ring of Fire will also be available. Right now I am waiting to get more 5x7 top loaders before I start listing any of them for sale.
That's cool, the Rodgers/Nelson would be the one I would want the most. Though wouldn't pass on the Adams or the RoF either. Smile

(04-08-2015, 05:30 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Id take the marinos
Yea, I figured those would get spoken for quickly. As soon as I get the 5x7 top loaders in I will list the cards for sale. Though I am not sure if I can sell them on here, since the 5x7 versions aren't listed in the Beckett database.

I decided to split up the sets and just got some 5x7 top loaders in today. The 2 Marino cards, Packers cards, and Bears cards are already spoken for, and there are a few I will be keeping but the rest are up for grabs. I will put out a list with exact asking prices later in a new thread under however on average I will be asking $10 per card which includes the top loader and shipping costs. If you're interested in any please let me know.