`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig Kimbrel to the Padres

RE: Craig Kimbrel to the Padres
now what do i do with my kimbrel collestion ?crap but i think im still going to collect him he still is a stud lol

(04-05-2015, 08:16 PM)ounagi Wrote: now what do i do with my kimbrel collestion ?crap but i think im still going to collect him he still is a stud lol
I would. As you mentioned, he is a stud. The only difference is now he'll be playing for a better team.

Heres what all of us Braves fan are really thinking....

[Image: hart_zpsp3xzzrqu.jpg]
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

I love this move. I hate losing Kimbrel, but let's be real... The Braves made out like bandits on this one.
[Image: V1KvZmi.png]

Interested in all Chipper Jones cards and Braves/other interesting autos. Looking to land as many 2014 High Tek #d parallels of Chipper Jones as well! I appreciate all offers.

Thanks to jbel4331 for the banner!

(04-05-2015, 08:40 PM)Odyssey Wrote: Heres what all of us Braves fan are really thinking....

[Image: hart_zpsp3xzzrqu.jpg]
Hahaha!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

I guess when you don't plan on winning to many game's, no need to have a top tier closer
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

I've been a Braves fan my entire life and this is far and away the toughest offseason to deal with. I felt this way even before the Kimbrel deal, but now it's for sure. It's obvious we are 100% rebuilding, but at least us fans thought we would have Kimbrel on the team this year. He is beloved by Braves fans, and for this to happen the day before the season hurts that much more. I understand it's a business and all that, but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Heyward, Gattis, Justin Upton, BJ Upton (he sucks so at least we dumped him), and now Kimbrel are all gone. Literally half the roster from last year is now elsewhere. We will see if these moves pay off in a few years when the new stadium opens up, but for now the Braves are going to be pathetic and be lucky to win 70 games.

As far as my Kimbrel collecting goes, I'm no longer going to super collect him since he's not a Brave. I have 400 cards of him now am still in disbelief that he's gone...
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU

Apparently I'm a lot more optimistic about the Braves than most people. Heyward batted .271 with 11 homers last year, Markakis batted .274 with 14 homers, Jace Peterson will be a definite upgrade over Uggla, Pierzynski and Bethancourt can hopefully take up the slack for losing Gattis and anyone would be an upgrade over B.J. Upton, so the 2 big loses are really Justin Upton and now Craig Kimbrel. Plus I feel they upgraded their starting pitching over last year. I don't really think they are going to win the division but I don't think they will be horrible either. But then again I'm usually wrong so who knows. But as of right now at least they are tied for first.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(04-06-2015, 07:28 AM)randall44 Wrote: Apparently I'm a lot more optimistic about the Braves than most people. Heyward batted .271 with 11 homers last year, Markakis batted .274 with 14 homers, Jace Peterson will be a definite upgrade over Uggla, Pierzynski and Bethancourt can hopefully take up the slack for losing Gattis and anyone would be an upgrade over B.J. Upton, so the 2 big loses are really Justin Upton and now Craig Kimbrel. Plus I feel they upgraded their starting pitching over last year. I don't really think they are going to win the division but I don't think they will be horrible either. But then again I'm usually wrong so who knows. But as of right now at least they are tied for first.
I am as well so your not alone, they weren't going anywhere with that roster so they blew it up. Saved a ton of money, got younger, and have the flexibility to build a winner. Sure Kimbrel is the best in the game but the braves also have a way of producing some of the best pitching in the majors year in and year out.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Here's what Chipper Jones had to say via Twitter.

"I know it sucks Braves Country, but once u decide to rebuild, u better go all the way. U now have a ton of minor league talent that is on the verge of being major league talent. U now have 4 picks in the top 54 picks in this years draft. AND u now have flexibility in ur payroll to be able to compete on the free agent market if u so decide. It's gonna take some time, but I think what John Hart is doing, will again, make the Braves a contender for a long time. We got away from what made us, the Braves! John Hart is getting it back. It should be the attitude of all Braves fans to embrace the rebuild. Go to the park and watch these kids learn and get better, all the while, keeping an eye on the future! Cheer them on. It's only gonna help them play harder for you in the long run! I will be at the Ted on Fri nite to support my Braves. I hope to see all my choppin brethren there as well. There will bumps along the way, but there will be character, confidence building wins as well. I can't wait to see how it all plays out over the next few seasons! Good luck to the Bravos this season! I am behind you! Play hard, play the game right, and good times will come. Happy Opening Day everyone! Let's buckle our chinstraps. Batten down hatches. Circle the wagons. It's baseball, it's a game! Enjoy it!"
-Super Collecting- Ken Griffey Jr. and Chipper Jones (All wants are marked)

-Super Collecting- Vintage Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle.