`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condition pricing vs. Graded pricing

Condition pricing vs. Graded pricing
I just noticed something on Carey Price's Young Guns rookie card. The graded pricing values are all lower than the condition pricing. Shouldn't this be the opposite?

To me, this would make it seem like the cards you buy at a show or on eBay would be more valuable than those that you would send in to Beckett, have them professionally inspect, grade and slab. I don't get it.

RE: Condition pricing vs. Graded pricing
(03-27-2015, 11:20 AM)shierydana Wrote: I just noticed something on Carey Price's Young Guns rookie card. The graded pricing values are all lower than the condition pricing. Shouldn't this be the opposite?

To me, this would make it seem like the cards you buy at a show or on eBay would be more valuable than those that you would send in to Beckett, have them professionally inspect, grade and slab. I don't get it.
+1

I have the issue with my Patrick Kane Ice RC. My BGS 9 (mint) is worth les than a raw mint copy (almost 90$ less).

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

RE: Condition pricing vs. Graded pricing
But you are forgetting we are dealing with Beckett. Does it have to make sense?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.