`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tribute recall

Tribute recall
So with the recall of Topps Tribute would this be an extremely rare card now?

I stopped doing baseball for a long time but couldn't resist this product and this is what I got out of a group break, I got the Cardinals actually

photo 2015 Tribute McGwire 7 of 10 Auto_zpsw3uimxci.jpg
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

RE: Tribute recall
I think its just the blue autos affected. That looks fine right there.

There's the dilemma. No one is ever really going to know exactly how much of the product will be sent back. No one will be able to say 5 of the 10 of those were recalled. Rest assured, they will sell for a premium despite the fact that all the good cards will be kept by the original openers.

I didn't know that there was different color sigs. I only collect Nolan Ryan and I've only seen blue sigs for him.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(03-24-2015, 11:20 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: There's the dilemma. No one is ever really going to know exactly how much of the product will be sent back. No one will be able to say 5 of the 10 of those were recalled. Rest assured, they will sell for a premium despite the fact that all the good cards will be kept by the original openers.
I agree with you, the scarcity of 2015 does exsist ut we will never ever know the extent, my polanco/75, J. Gonzales/75, Jim Rice/50 all blue ink autos are getting returned. The open boxed autos are getting returned by the customer and the unopened boxes by retailer but people are definitely holding on for value as well.

Topps is exchanging the autos only on this product except obviously damaged cards

On the base autographs alone you got 84 signers and each have parallels and 1/1s . That alone you wouldnt know how many 1/1s will come out of th market and for supercollectors it will always be a question mark for them if the card their chasing will ever comeout of the market or not.

What i am thinking here is topps might do some hocus pocus with these cards. They could either sell it in secondary market to be used with the likes of super hits products or they can seed the autographs on a later product to give some products a boost or they can keep them on their office and serve as product replacements for years to come

So if you are chasing a pc player lucky you of your card was pulled out and ended good with no smudges

DAC just announced they are going to continue selling boxes and won't be returning them to Topps. So I don't think there will be as much product returned as people think. I think more than likely people will evaluate the cards they get to determine if the damage is worth sending back to Topps on an individual card by card basis.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Well I've been debating on putting it on the market OR getting it graded. It looks like it is in great shape but the auto might take a little bit of a ding
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

(03-25-2015, 01:27 PM)mercier2002 Wrote: Well I've been debating on putting it on the market OR getting it graded. It looks like it is in great shape but the auto might take a little bit of a ding
What/Which auto card? I couldn't decide which word to use, so I put both words. haha.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!