`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blaster of Contenders worst blaster EVER

Blaster of Contenders worst blaster EVER
Grabbed one of the $49.99 blasters at Target, supposed to get 2 jersey's, and one AU. The Jersey's where Mack and Watkins, not terribly bad, but the AU WAS A PANINI POINTS 150 CARD!!! I would have rather had the lowest value AU in the set than this stupid card,even a redemption would have been better. I'm sick of all the redemption/rewards cards in newer products. I have an OBJ Prime V Relic/AU from Prime, pending since early December. Yet, every product Topps has released since Prime as included his AU in packs. How bought you go to Dick's. buy a jersey, cut it up, put a sticker on it, and give me my card. Sorry for the rant, been a long day, but all us consumers are getting screwed!
BTW, all inserts from todays awesome break are FT
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

RE: Blaster of Contenders worst blaster EVER
Well i think you should tell Panini because they shorted you an Auto. The box does say 2 jersey's and 1 auto, Not a Panini points card.

Not to add to your frustration i do remeber reading something maybe 2 years ago.. Apparently topps and or panini dont get everyones signatures at the rookie meet. There were alot of russell wilson autos people were super pissed about not being able to get for a really long time. I dont know if they just ran out of stickers or if they were on card. I subscribed to the article and read a recap that he finally got free time to meet up with the card companies and finish the autos. It was crazy long. Like may of 2014? These were redemptions from the 2012 products. I know it sucks waiting on something that significant. Not sure if this will ease your frustration or not. My intent was to hopefully shed a theory on the delay of your redemption. Also in regard to chris.'s comment. I would definitely contact panini and ask them whats up with this crap. If you still got the box and if theres a serial number on the inside give them that. I had a /10 darren mcfadden i pulled and it looked like it went thru a meat grinder. I contacted topps and gave them the serial #. They went above and beyond for me in order to make it right.
[Image: ojmagg.png]
Bucket: http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40...l%20cards/
Help Me Build These Rainbows. Trading in your favor!
http://photobucket.com/Rainbowset

So I'm not the only one who had that happen! I broke down and got one of those 50 buck Target Contenders boxes, and all I got was the points card and a jersey of Marqise Lee and Ka'Deem Carey...... I also got 2 multi packs of prizm and got same value from those 2 for 10 bucks that I got from that 50 dollar Contenders box. I knew I should have just got more of those multi packs, but I thought since I was doing well with Retail I might get something good. Oh, and one of the multi pack packs only had one card in it :|

Can you even get an auto card with 150 Panini points?!

on another note bojesphob, I'd trade for that Ka'Deem Carey to ease your pain Smile

(03-13-2015, 09:59 AM)jplarson Wrote: Can you even get an auto card with 150 Panini points?!

on another note bojesphob, I'd trade for that Ka'Deem Carey to ease your pain Smile
Yes, when I last looked there were several football autograph cards available for 150 points. So Panini will say that they did in fact deliver the "promised" content obviously ignoring the fact that you can only get it if you are willing to pay $4 shipping and handling to get an autograph card which would inhabit the $5 box at your local card shop.

btw, out of curiosity I looked and the following autographs from 2014 Contenders are available for 150 points:

Xavier Su'afilo
Trevor Riley
Garrett Gilbert
Arthur Lynch
Jay Proesch (what? When I wasted my money on one of those "blasters," it contained a Proesch rookie ticket inserted in the pack - any illusions that the Panini Rewards program only rewards Panini should be totally dispelled by that bit of information)
Ed Reynolds
Antonio Andrews
Henry Josey
Senorise Perry
James wright
Ja'Waan Johnson
Jackson Jeffcoat
Pierre Desir
Troy Niklas.

And Panini expects you to pay for shipping and handling to get a card you would have felt you wasted your $50 if it was inserted in the pack.

(03-13-2015, 09:59 AM)jplarson Wrote: Can you even get an auto card with 150 Panini points?!

I've got your address from our previous trades, so it's yours. My org is going to expire before I probably would be able to complete a trade with you, so I'll just send it to you. Will send it out on Monday for you.

Is the points card available?