`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Favorite Baseball Video Game

RE: OT: Favorite Baseball Video Game
Baseball Simulator 3000 on the NES; I can remember having the most fun with that one, but back then all I played were baseball games, so I enjoyed them all!

Rbi nes

Earl Weaver Baseball.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

My all time favorites are MLB Baseball for the original NES and Baseball Simulator 1000 for SNES.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

For me it is CyberStadiumSeries Base Wars for the NES and Triple Play 2001 for PS1. Base Wars was/is so much fun b/c you are playing with robot players and TP2001 has such a great Home Run Challenge feature. Those are still the baseball games I play the most when I play a console system.

Yes, I do still have an original NES that still works! I also have a PS2. I haven't upgraded the PS2 b/c most games I play now are on my PC. I have about 20 games each for the NES, PS1, PS2. None of those PS games would be any good on a PS3 or PS4. I can't sell/trade any of those games or systems, so I'll just keep what I have. I have used both systems to teach my 7yo nephew how to play video games too. He likes Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 a lot (and I still have fun with it too) and all of my 'The Simpsons' games. He's tried some of the baseball/football/basketball/racing games, but gets frustrated with them pretty quick.

MLB Slugfest 2004...its a more animated version of baseball but I loved playing it for GameCube. Old school favorite is Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for Super Nintendo. I also loved MLB 2K7. But all those games would get to a point where they would become too easy.

(03-05-2015, 04:10 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: RBI Baseball. Original nintendo.
Thats the game I also played a lot!! I was like 12 or so and lived with my dad, grandfather and uncle and we used to make our own tournaments between the 4 of us, we also counted homeruns and stuff it was great!!! Nowadays I play MLB 14 Thw Show, great game!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Surprised to see no one has listed Baseball Stars or Bases Loaded. Baseball Stars was great because you could create your own team, customize, and upgrade/improve your team via winning throughout the season.

Bases Loaded was another big game that was released in the later 80s. Paste was a beast: Ruthian.
[Image: mantle_banner_softglow_zps37b4eec9.gif]

(03-08-2015, 10:36 AM)MarinoRookiesRMine13 Wrote: Surprised to see no one has listed Baseball Stars or Bases Loaded. Baseball Stars was great because you could create your own team, customize, and upgrade/improve your team via winning throughout the season.

Bases Loaded was another big game that was released in the later 80s. Paste was a beast: Ruthian.
I remember those, baseball stars had customized names didnt it? I always preferred real life players.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Griffey Slugfest on the N64 tops my list. I still pop it in and play from time to time.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****