Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly New User...Question

Nearly New User...Question
Good day everyone,

I'm back at collecting after a break while living abroad and needing time to build up some decent cards that others might want. But before I sign up for Organize, I had a couple quick questions...

1) I'm sure the answer will be "YES!", but is the $40 really worth it to trade here versus free trading sites elsewhere? I'm not big on knowing "book value" of cards as I kind of feel that my own value is the only thing I care about, so I wasn't planning to subscribe to the OPG.

2) Is there a "search all" in Organize so I can search for a player across all users? Or do I have to search each individual user for a card I want?

3) Being a new trader, would it be normal or acceptable for me to offer sending first to help build up my reputation?

4) How long does it take to set up my Organize collection? If I have, say, 100 cards to put up, should that take a few hours or a few days?

Thanks for the input and I look forward to your opinions and hopefully trade offers in the near future!

RE: Nearly New User...Question
Having just gone through this, maybe I can help...

1) I'm sure the answer will be "YES!", but is the $40 really worth it to trade here versus free trading sites elsewhere? I'm not big on knowing "book value" of cards as I kind of feel that my own value is the only thing I care about, so I wasn't planning to subscribe to the OPG.

**Don't know the answer to this one. I've only ever traded here, and I like the OPG as a general guideline for lining up fair trades. That doesn't mean trades can't stray from OPG values based on personal preferences, but I'd be lost without it.

2) Is there a "search all" in Organize so I can search for a player across all users? Or do I have to search each individual user for a card I want?

**If there's a specific card you want, you can find that using the search function and see all the users who have it available for trade. I do that sometimes to get started, and check out what other stuff that person has too.

3) Being a new trader, would it be normal or acceptable for me to offer sending first to help build up my reputation?

**Even if you don't offer, most will require it.

4) How long does it take to set up my Organize collection? If I have, say, 100 cards to put up, should that take a few hours or a few days?

**Once you get the hang of it, 100 cards is a 20-30 minute deal. Maybe quicker or slower depending on how fast the site wants to be that day.

Hope that helps!
[Image: V1KvZmi.png]

Interested in all Chipper Jones cards and Braves/other interesting autos. Looking to land as many 2014 High Tek #d parallels of Chipper Jones as well! I appreciate all offers.

Thanks to jbel4331 for the banner!

I agree 100% with Zach on everything he said.
I will say it is most definitely worth the money to trade here. There is some amazing cards to be had here. I thought I'd trade on here maybe 10 times a year. But, there is such an unbelievable abundance of cards here it makes it impossible to limit yourself. Honestly, I'd invest in the OPG. It's a good reference point and a great deal of trades are done based off of it. You will not be disappointed trading here. This is a pretty knowledgeable community with great traders. I've gotten into (what would appear to most as) heated, bitter arguments with traders on here, just to talk privately with them and trade 10 minutes later.

The ability to dig through someone's collection via org, and have them do the same, is a great function of trading. I've traded on other sites, and it is annoying having to keep a spreadsheet or provide a list of cards you have, only to have te deal fall through. Even with the shortfalls of the software, I have gotten ton more help for my collection here than I could've at any other site. As mentioned above, OPG is just a guide. Unless a card is grossy over/under valued by the price guide, it serves as a great tool for trading
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(03-01-2015, 07:44 PM)petillo64 Wrote: The ability to dig through someone's collection via org, and have them do the same, is a great function of trading. I've traded on other sites, and it is annoying having to keep a spreadsheet or provide a list of cards you have, only to have te deal fall through. Even with the shortfalls of the software, I have gotten ton more help for my collection here than I could've at any other site. As mentioned above, OPG is just a guide. Unless a card is grossy over/under valued by the price guide, it serves as a great tool for trading
Hey Dominic, your pm's are full. I just tried to send you a message.

(03-01-2015, 06:36 PM)zachyarb Wrote: Having just gone through this, maybe I can help...

**Don't know the answer to this one. I've only ever traded here, and I like the OPG as a general guideline for lining up fair trades. That doesn't mean trades can't stray from OPG values based on personal preferences, but I'd be lost without it.

**If there's a specific card you want, you can find that using the search function and see all the users who have it available for trade. I do that sometimes to get started, and check out what other stuff that person has too.

**Even if you don't offer, most will require it.

**Once you get the hang of it, 100 cards is a 20-30 minute deal. Maybe quicker or slower depending on how fast the site wants to be that day.

Hope that helps!
1) Agreed! The BV listed makes for an easy starting point to get trades rolling. I've found that most people use it for trades but on occasion will have personal value or preference for a card, as we all do at times. Just make sure to be open and honest with the other trader involved.

2) The search function is great. That is how I usually start my trades. Find a player or card that I want, find a user (with good trader feedback and a recent log in date), and go from there looking for other possible cards in their ORG.

3) You will need to send first being a new trader but just make sure that before you trade with somebody that you check their trade rating and feedback so that something doesn't happen to your cards and make you not want to trade here. There are a lot of good people and cards on this site.

4) I can load a hobby box (200-400 cards) in about an hour or so. Once you get the hang of it, it is very easy.

**Also, use www.cardboardconnection.com to help you spot variations, SP's, etc. This site is VERY helpful and saves me a ton of time and helps prevent listing errors.**

Thanks for posting and I hope this helps. Don't be scared to ask questions if you have them in the future.

//Steve

[Image: image.jpg]

as far as speed, there are a lot of tricks and tips and little known workarounds that speed up the process, that even many experienced users dont know about. i can do 100 cards in about 20 minutes (and that isnt from one sets, but different sports, eras, players, etc

different tricks for both opg and org, but if you decide on it, let us know. ive long been thinking of setting up a help guide for advanced searching for the opg

(03-01-2015, 06:30 PM)KPRROK Wrote: Good day everyone,

I'm back at collecting after a break while living abroad and needing time to build up some decent cards that others might want. But before I sign up for Organize, I had a couple quick questions...

My Thoughts are if your going to spend 40.00 for OPG just subscribe to a sport.

Look for the card in the data base or the search function open the link up and you will see who has that particular card for trade

Most collectors will recommend you to ship first until your reputation is built normally 20 trades is reasonable. Just look at the trade partners reputation as well if something sticks out like a sore thumb there is no question to asking him to ship first but, I will also say 90-95% of the traders here take true to their word

This is a tricky question
if lets say you have 2015 topps base cards that you have 100 of then 5 minutes most but if you have 100 cards from all different brands to years I would put them in order by brands, years and it could take up to 30 minutes to an hour

Thanks for the input and I look forward to your opinions and hopefully trade offers in the near future!
Please read my remarks below your questions
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(03-01-2015, 06:30 PM)KPRROK Wrote: Good day everyone,

I subscribe to Baseball OPG.for just $25 for three months, so yeah, subscribe to OPG and save $15!

The rest has been answered in a way that I can.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!