IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Miami Dolphins Really??

Miami Dolphins Really??
Cut Brian Hartline really?

You coulda told me before I spent $400 on immaculate cards Tongue

Dolphins by far are dumb, sorry Dolphins guys, dumb..

So I guess my Dolphins PC and my love for Dolphins patches are done

New team, new patches, new colors, new chances are now on the horizon

Sad day for me....

RE: Miami Dolphins Really??
(02-27-2015, 06:43 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Cut Brian Hartline really?

You coulda told me before I spent $400 on immaculate cards Tongue

Dolphins by far are dumb, sorry Dolphins guys, dumb..

So I guess my Dolphins PC and my love for Dolphins patches are done

Sad day for me....
im hearing buffalo is interested in him, pair him as a slot with watkins

(02-27-2015, 06:46 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: im hearing buffalo is interested in him, pair him as a slot with watkins
I wouldn't mind Buffalo, (decent colors lol)

But he needs to be somewhere without a cry baby (Wallace)

His numbers only dropped off last season due to Wallace demanding more targets.

Very Early rumors

High Interest: Jets, Bills, Browns, Ravens, Jags, Texans, Raiders, Vikings,

Low Interest: Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, Packers, 49ers.

I notice most low interest teams have great/good receivers about to test free agency. Certainly could replace a #3 spot and even #1-2 spot on teams mentioned with high interest.

I was (and am) a big Hartline fan, but compare BH '09 to post contract BH '14... tremendous drop off for the money. I understand the idea that Wallace was the cause, but it was largely that his level of play dropped off. His game hinges on quickness in and out of routes, great hands and a ton of heart... all 3 were missing in '14. I hate to see him go, but so far Hickey hasn't made a bad move... trust in him. The Phins are only a few pieces away from being really good and WR is one piece. We need a legit #2 to complement Wallace and Landry in the slot. We also need someone to teach Tannehill how to throw a deep ball. I say this in all sincerity... if he hit Wallace on only 50% of the go routes that he was WIDE open on, the Phins make the playoffs... easily.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(02-28-2015, 09:38 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: I was (and am) a big Hartline fan, but compare BH '09 to post contract BH '14... tremendous drop off for the money. I understand the idea that Wallace was the cause, but it was largely that his level of play dropped off. His game hinges on quickness in and out of routes, great hands and a ton of heart... all 3 were missing in '14. I hate to see him go, but so far Hickey hasn't made a bad move... trust in him. The Phins are only a few pieces away from being really good and WR is one piece. We need a legit #2 to complement Wallace and Landry in the slot. We also need someone to teach Tannehill how to throw a deep ball. I say this in all sincerity... if he hit Wallace on only 50% of the go routes that he was WIDE open on, the Phins make the playoffs... easily.
Wallace is faster, that is it.

Hartline didn't scheme well in the new offense.

How could he have a good year with only 65 targets??? 4 targets a game???

2012-2013: 128 and 132 targets = 1,000. Half the targets half the yards!!! Now I'm not a genius but it doesn't take a Harvard degree to understand. Only 10 drops during that span?? Browns have that in 1 game.

Look up Hartline to Wallace target to catch % the 2 years prior to last year and new OC.

He had a down year compared to his stats, but he was utilized like he should have been, we wouldn't be here. No one can honestly say the dolphins are better without him. To save 3mil?? Dolphins are a few more than a couple of pieces away from the cheap bargain bin WRs they look to draft.

Laundry had a solid year, but look at his targets, he should have. He didn't do anything special.

Hartline dropped 2 wide open td's in the 2nd pats game …. just saying … he unfortunately is not worth the almost $6mil cap hit to keep him…. cutting him and ellerbe…. would be MORE than enough cap room to address our RB issues…. Peterson would cost us 13Mil against the cap…. I would trade the salaries of hartline, ellerbe, and gibson for peterson in a heartbeat…. off-field issues aside and speaking strictly form an X's and O's point of view.

I know Daniel Thomas is getting cut any day now… and most likely will be a third RB on another team IF at all… but I'll still buy his stuff …. also…. any game used stuff for hartline next year will still be phins uni's Wink

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(02-28-2015, 10:18 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Wallace is faster, that is it.

Hartline didn't scheme well in the new offense.

How could he have a good year with only 65 targets??? 4 targets a game???

2012-2013: 128 and 132 targets = 1,000. Half the targets half the yards!!! Now I'm not a genius but it doesn't take a Harvard degree to understand. Only 10 drops during that span?? Browns have that in 1 game.

Look up Hartline to Wallace target to catch % the 2 years prior to last year and new OC.

He had a down year compared to his stats, but he was utilized like he should have been, we wouldn't be here. No one can honestly say the dolphins are better without him. To save 3mil?? Dolphins are a few more than a couple of pieces away from the cheap bargain bin WRs they look to draft.

Laundry had a solid year, but look at his targets, he should have. He didn't do anything special.
Your argument's flaw is that targets are something arbitrary... they're not. You have to be open to receive a target. His targets went down because he wasn't getting open, plain and simple. Landry wasn't just the best receiver, but the best PLAYER on the team. Emotion is a large part of the game and he brings that in buckets. Knowshon did as well before getting hurt.
I saw something missing in BH last year... his fiery eyes and intensity were just gone. Not that he can't return to form, just that I (and Hickey) was disappointed.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(02-28-2015, 10:28 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Hartline dropped 2 wide open td's in the 2nd pats game …. just saying … he unfortunately is not worth the almost $6mil cap hit to keep him…. cutting him and ellerbe…. would be MORE than enough cap room to address our RB issues…. Peterson would cost us 13Mil against the cap…. I would trade the salaries of hartline, ellerbe, and gibson for peterson in a heartbeat…. off-field issues aside and speaking strictly form an X's and O's point of view.

I know Daniel Thomas is getting cut any day now… and most likely will be a third RB on another team IF at all… but I'll still buy his stuff …. also…. any game used stuff for hartline next year will still be phins uni's Wink
I know! My biggest heartbreak is the patches lol

But he'll get snagged somewhere. Just a waiting game

(02-27-2015, 06:43 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: So I guess my Dolphins PC and my love for Dolphins patches are done

Sad day for me....
Or, it could be a great day because you'll have a new team to collect!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.