`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it my imagination, or is it Topps messing with me?

Is it my imagination, or is it Topps messing with me?
Okay, I've opened a bunch of Target Blasters. Not sure how many, but when I get home I'll count up my Medallion cards. Now perhaps in the past I was lucky and now everything is evening out, but are camo & black & other parallel border cards super scarce, or what??? With the same number of blasters purchased in previous years, I uncovered a few of each color variance (except the really rare 1/1) and several relic cards. This year .... Nothing, nada, parallel cards. 15-16 blasters ... Zero relics. 15-16 blasters, zero camo, zero black, zero pink, etc, etc. I got 2 relics from random single packs ... But that's it??? Weird. Anyone else having similar miserable luck?

Oh yeah ... No redemptions! Always had at least one by now.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Is it my imagination, or is it Topps messing with me?
(02-27-2015, 05:31 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Okay, I've opened a bunch of Target Blasters. Not sure how many, but when I get home I'll count up my Medallion cards. Now perhaps in the past I was lucky and now everything is evening out, but are camo & black & other parallel border cards super scarce, or what??? With the same number of blasters purchased in previous years, I uncovered a few of each color variance (except the really rare 1/1) and several relic cards. This year .... Nothing, nada, parallel cards. 15-16 blasters ... Zero relics. 15-16 blasters, zero camo, zero black, zero pink, etc, etc. I got 2 relics from random single packs ... But that's it??? Weird. Anyone else having similar miserable luck?

Oh yeah ... No redemptions! Always had at least one by now.
Mitch that sucks man... i dont even know what else to say about that. $250 plus on some blaster and nothing but garbage. Good god man

If it makes you feel any better. No 2015 cards have been released over here. Ive got to spend the last 2-4 weeks looking at everyone elses 2015 cards Sad

Hopefully your next purchase you'll hit a homerun
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Have you tried the $10 boxes? My target has the $10 where the wall hanger packs use to be and thats where I found a Yonder Alonso parallel 15/50.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(02-27-2015, 06:03 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Mitch that sucks man... i dont even know what else to say about that. $250 plus on some blaster and nothing but garbage. Good god man
If it makes you feel any better. No 2015 cards have been released over here. Ive got to spend the last 2-4 weeks looking at everyone elses 2015 cards Sad
Hopefully your next purchase you'll hit a homerun
Thanks, but I don't want it to sound that bad ... I'm totally loving the Medallion cards that come in every blaster so I'm not complaining about that. I'm just saying, if the odds of distribution is about the same as last year, then my hitting some parallels are inevitable, and I can understand a +/- variable, but absolutely nothing? That's just weird ... Or just really unlucky? Or is it just me? Or is it the same everywhere else?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

"Is it my imagination, or is it Topps messing with me?"

Maybe Topps is messing with your imagination.

I have noticed that the parallels seem to be very spread out. Obviously there is the same amount as usual so I'm not sure if scarce is the correct word. Maybe Topps is trying to get collectors to keep buying longer into the year? Maybe by spreading it out more it wont "dry" up as quick. Just my thoughts, as always I could be completely wrong.

-Rob

I didn't even get any in my jumbo box. I think since the number of parallels is smaller this year, it's more noticeable that you've pulled no color. At least in the past there were all those retail parallels so you thought you were getting something other than base lol
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

i just think the color parallels are harder to pull now, look at the box breaks on the jumbos and people aren't pulling that many in jumbo's

I also think topps reduced the hits in blasters this year, i bought one blaster that amounted to nothing much apart from the medallion card. Bought a hanger box and a rack pack and got a variation card.

i think its just a string of bad luck. my son got a blaster and pulled a hr relic, 1:70 medallion packs. he also pulled a jeter gold, coupon card, code card, 3 trouts. i bought one for myself and pulled nothing, best card was the medallion and a base abreu
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Increased production means less colored / #'d parallels and more boxes of crappy base and worthless inserts.

Look for Bowman / Bowman Chrome to be the same way. I have noticed in the little write up they don't even state how many autos are guaranteed in hobby or jumbo boxes. Just that the prospect list has grown from 110 to 150. So you take 40 extra prospects multiply it by 50,000 or so (not an exact # by any means but a good solid guess) per extra name and that is 2,000,000 extra worthless base cards to fill boxes.

I'm almost wondering if they didn't make the odds more difficult for the blasters this year because the guaranteed "hit" this year is better - at least in theory.

I've avoided the blasters in the past because aside from the random Killebrew or Carew, the manufactured patches kind of bore me. The medallions are pretty nice though. The only reason I haven't bought more is because I got the Trout in my very first box, so anything aside from another one of those would be a letdown.

Kepler