`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Topps collation

2015 Topps collation
Has anyone else noticed really crappy collation?

I've opened two blasters and a...hanger? the box that's not a blaster but not a pack. I'm having a brain fart on the term. Anyways, of the two blasters, 2/3 cards is duplicated. This seems a little ridiculous. Any thoughts?
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

RE: 2015 Topps collation
My only thought would be. Luck of the draw. If you would've grabbed a different blaster maybe you wouldn't have doubles.
Now if this was a full hobby box with multiples then I would say bad coalition. Or if it were multiple hobby boxes from one case then yea, but a few random blisters, I'd say bad luck.

(02-25-2015, 01:44 AM)tate31nym Wrote: Has anyone else noticed really crappy collation?

I've opened two blasters and a...hanger? the box that's not a blaster but not a pack. I'm having a brain fart on the term. Anyways, of the two blasters, 2/3 cards is duplicated. This seems a little ridiculous. Any thoughts?
... And when you do get doubles like that, why is it always players you don't really want in duplicate? Smile
The cards are printed in sheets, cut and packaged. There are patterns in the card distribution and packing due to their position on the sheet. I'm assuming that since the blasters don't contain certain hits, but other packs do, there is a packing process that allows for the different foil wrap and hit guarantees that predispose certain patterns to get grouped together. When I was building sets, I always noticed that when I was down to a few dozen missing cards, I'd find one pack that contained 5 or 6 of the missing one together.
Patterns, not luck.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yea I really dont believe in luck but didnt know what else to say there. Also I find it funny that you can post your wants and someone that only opened one blaster has all your needs.

Thanks for the responses guys. It does make sense. Still seems hokey though, but that's just me.
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(02-26-2015, 01:35 AM)tate31nym Wrote: Thanks for the responses guys. It does make sense. Still seems hokey though, but that's just me.
To use an abused cliche ... They can put a man on the moon, right? With today's technology why can't they figure a way to improve collation? Smile
I know, I know, NASA put a man on the moon, not Topps. If it were up to Topps, they'd put a sticker auto on the moon ... Or a redemption. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-26-2015, 07:55 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: To use an abused cliche ... They can put a man on the moon, right? With today's technology why can't they figure a way to improve collation? Smile
I know, I know, NASA put a man on the moon, not Topps. If it were up to Topps, they'd put a sticker auto on the moon ... Or a redemption. Smile
Congratulations, you just received one free trip to the moon.
[insert redemption help thread]
Guys I need help with a redemption replacement , I pulled a trip to the moon and they said it wouldnt be available so they offered me. 2 tickets to a bounce house. Should I take it?

I'd take the bounce house.