`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anyone else notice the typo on 2015 Abreu First Home Run?

Anyone else notice the typo on 2015 Abreu First Home Run?
Opened a couple of 2015 Topps Series One blasters today and got the Abreu First Home Run card. As I read the back though, something did not seem right. It states, "On April 8, 2004, Jose went deep...." Looks like the proof-readers missed on this one.

The front with 2014
[Image: 20150221_132021_zpsafazvx9a.jpg]

The back with 2004
[Image: 20150221_131921_zpsonaeteld.jpg]
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

RE: Anyone else notice the typo on 2015 Abreu First Home Run?
(02-21-2015, 05:00 PM)anhaga68 Wrote: Opened a couple of 2015 Topps Series One blasters today and got the Abreu First Home Run card. As I read the back though, something did not seem right. It states, "On April 8, 2004, Jose went deep...." Looks like the proof-readers missed on this one.
Wow! That's pretty sloppy of them. Hopefully they correct it and the error card becomes a rarity Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I had to read it twice before I noticed it LOL
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Sloppy? No. One way to make cards "rare" is to make intentional mistakes and then "correct" them. I'm guessing the proofreaders at Topps can actually read, of course. If it is a true mistake, maybe they should cut back on all their darn sets and subsets and subsubsets so they can keep track of the product they're putting out. It's 2015. Nothing gets by unintentionally. Talk to anyone in the printing business. This is also how you can get a card numbered to 25 and it's so off-center it won't grade higher than a 5. They made 25 cards. The only way they would not all be centered exactly the same is if something was done to intentionally make some worth more than others.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Yeah but when was the last time Topps actually bothered to correct an error ? The No Name Frank Thomas is the last one I can remember. And even then I believe that was just a printing error where a sheet or two just missed that step in the process.