`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Topps Replacements- LOJO, NOT MOJO!

Topps Replacements- LOJO, NOT MOJO!
Was shorted 3 autographs from 5 boxes of Topps Supreme I purchased sealed with Topps wrap at local card shop. Here is what Topps sends me:

Mike Minor Topps Supreme Auto /50
Kyle Parker Topps Supreme Auto /50
Joe Kelly Topps Supreme Auto /50

Basically they sent me the cheapest autographs from the set, probably won't be busting topps anymore due to this.

RE: Topps Replacements- LOJO, NOT MOJO!
by all means, feel free to slide the Minor to my side of the lunch table.

(02-19-2015, 10:58 PM)dplaya1284 Wrote: Was shorted 3 autographs from 5 boxes of Topps Supreme I purchased sealed with Topps wrap at local card shop. Here is what Topps sends me:

Basically they sent me the cheapest autographs from the set, probably won't be busting topps anymore due to this.
Did you think they were going to send you Mike Trout autos /10? Jose Abreu /15?
Of course not. Replacements = unhappy.
I have a theory that the box code doesn't tell them what cards you are missing, but it tells them the "level" of the hit that was included. So, for example, and to keep things simple, you open a box of Heritage and its missing a hit. We know that 2/7 boxes are auto and 5/7 are relics ... They know which, by the code. If the hit was a 'high-tier' 'middle-tier' or 'low-tier' ... They know that, too, and replace accordingly. Either that, or it's just totally random, they let a chimpanzee loose in the card room, and whatever he picks up that, doesn't get go in his mouth, gets sent as a replacement. Smile
Sorry 'bout the lame-o replacements. But someone's garbage is another man's treasure. Trade 'em!
Oh, yeah ... If I buy cards at a LCS, I'd open them right there.
1) if they're missing hits, you have witnesses
2) I hear of some insane trades that occur that way
3) the LCS owner might step up and replace it for you
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-19-2015, 10:58 PM)dplaya1284 Wrote: Was shorted 3 autographs from 5 boxes of Topps Supreme I purchased sealed with Topps wrap at local card shop. Here is what Topps sends me:

"My momma' always told me: life is like a opening a box of baseball cards, you never know what you're gonna' get!"
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

ive only reported 1 missing hit...13 finest, and i got a wil myers auto back so I was pretty happy with it.

I think its just luck of the draw honestly, they pretty much told me its just random whatever is around.

Good ole Topps.

(02-20-2015, 07:29 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Did you think they were going to send you Mike Trout autos /10? Jose Abreu /15?
Of course not. Replacements = unhappy.
I have a theory that the box code doesn't tell them what cards you are missing, but it tells them the "level" of the hit that was included. So, for example, and to keep things simple, you open a box of Heritage and its missing a hit. We know that 2/7 boxes are auto and 5/7 are relics ... They know which, by the code. If the hit was a 'high-tier' 'middle-tier' or 'low-tier' ... They know that, too, and replace accordingly. Either that, or it's just totally random, they let a chimpanzee loose in the card room, and whatever he picks up that, doesn't get go in his mouth, gets sent as a replacement. Smile
Sorry 'bout the lame-o replacements. But someone's garbage is another man's treasure. Trade 'em!
Oh, yeah ... If I buy cards at a LCS, I'd open them right there.
1) if they're missing hits, you have witnesses
2) I hear of some insane trades that occur that way
3) the LCS owner might step up and replace it for you
I guess the chimpanzee is stashing all the good stuff for himself. Same thing happened to me every single time I was shorted, $8 commons for everyone. They should just save themselves the trouble and mail you a $1 bill, it will only cost them the price of a stamp versus $1.93 to ship in a padded envelope. Because that's all the cards they ship you are really worth. I have 6 Bowman Chrome Redemptions outstanding for 2 years and I am holding out as long as possible because I want nothing to do with what they feel is an adequate replacement. At least Upper Deck would hook you up from time to time with a high end auto as a replacement. Too bad they sucked at staying in business!!!

(02-20-2015, 10:09 PM)joba the clark Wrote: I guess the chimpanzee is stashing all the good stuff for himself. Same thing happened to me every single time I was shorted, $8 commons for everyone. They should just save themselves the trouble and mail you a $1 bill, it will only cost them the price of a stamp versus $1.93 to ship in a padded envelope. Because that's all the cards they ship you are really worth. I have 6 Bowman Chrome Redemptions outstanding for 2 years and I am holding out as long as possible because I want nothing to do with what they feel is an adequate replacement. At least Upper Deck would hook you up from time to time with a high end auto as a replacement. Too bad they sucked at staying in business!!!

well UD cornered the hockey market if that's your thing.
i'd LOVE to get MLB to open up that license again, UD baseball was good stuff.

Ive had good luck on missing hits.

I would send them back and write a letter. No idea what will happen, never heard of anyone returning missing hits but worth a shot?
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

I remember being shorted with Press Pass Legends and they sent me an ARCHIE MANNING AUTO! PRetty cool. Agree that it is the luck of the draw.
Looking for all Notre Dame players including Jimmy Clausen, Golden Tate, Kyle Mc
cARthy, Sam Young, Brady Quinn, and John Carlson